Friday, February 17, 2012

WMS Spring Themed Hop

I have been having some Waltzingmouse new stamp withdrawal (although my pocketbook has been happy) and I figured to combat it I could created with the WMS sets that I do have. In fact, I challenged myself to see if I could comibn stamp sets for a new look. I was able to create two cards for the hop too. It was a fun challenge and one I just might do again.




My first card came together rather quickly with the help of some beautiful Prima paper from the Annalee pack. I find it hard to use really busy designs on my card usually, but this one was a no-brainer. The flowers remind me of springtime and I thought it would look nice with WMS's Bitty Banner set. I white embossed the images onto white c/s and then used distress inks to "color" them in. The sentiment is a combination of WMS's Say It Loud and Spring Baskets.





My second card was inspired by my first one in a way. While trying to decide how to use the floral paper, I kept going for my 'Twas the Night Before Christmas set. I LOVE the window scene from it and knew I had to use it some way. I love have my blinds up and the windows open during the spring and thought why not just try that idea out. Spring Basket has a sweet little butterfly that I thought would go great with my scene. The grass is from PTI's Peaceful Garden and stamped using Peeled Pain Distress Ink and then sponged along the edges. The sky was created by sponging Tumbled Glass DI. After I created my window with the little butterfly I decided that he needed a few friends so I stamped two more flying around the grass. They were colored in using copic markers and the one in the window is covered with a layer of glitter pen. This sentiment is from Spring Basket as well; however, I got a little to excited about this card and messed it up a little. It should read Glorious Spring Wishes. DH told to it wasn't too bad (he's so sweet). To help add to the window idea I used glossy accents to create the panes (I really love doing that too).




Now to wait until Saturday when the sneeks starts and the 29th when the full 9 stamp sets reveal happen! (It will also give me some time to get my money together, lol)



Photobucket

32 comments:

Unknown said...

BOTH cards are beautiful. I love those first few days when it's so nice, you fling open the windows and breathe in all that marvelous fresh air! :) Thanks for making me look forward to Spring even more! :)

Karen M said...

Gorgeous cards, Cassie! Love both of them but especially the one with the cute little window! Kx

Julia Aston said...

what wonderful soft colors on both cards today Cassie! love the banners and that fun open window!

Lynn Mercurio said...

These are both amazing projects, Cassie. So much work and detail when into these two lovely springtime creations. Love all the embossing!

Tara Cardwell said...

great cards - love the one with the little window.

Joyce said...

Two great cards. I think the second is my favorite. I love the open window you created with that sunny scene.

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fabulous creations Cassie, love them

Love the idea of the first one and so fresh and clean on the second......fabulous!

ali x

Super Jen said...

Wow, two cards? And each one a stunner.

Kim Heggins said...

Both of your cards are so nice, the colors are perfect for spring, so soft and sweet. And that little window, just such a smart idea to use.

Kelly S. said...

((GASP))...that window card is BRILLIANT, Cassie!!! Oh my, I would never think to combine those sets, soooo clever and sweet! And your first card has just the coolest design with those banners placed like that. I am SO glad you played along! You get triple extra credit points for using a Christmas set in the spring hop, heeee :)!

Kary said...

Hi Cassie! Both cards are So Gorgeous!! I absolutely LOVE your second card. Such a Beautiful Spring scene, and that's my fave set too. Great job!!

Charmaine Stack said...

I really like both of your cards but the window in a non-Christmas card is genius!

Deirdre said...

Amazing cards - love the colours of both.

Lee said...

Love the pretty pastel colours. The scene you created on the second card is beautiful.

Anne said...

Oh wow! That window is amazing, love both your cards
Anne
x

Renee said...

Beautiful!
I die over that patterned paper...
absolutely perfect for that sentiment!
And aawwww!!!
LOVE how you used the window!
So creative to think of it! :)
And you're not the only one with withdrawals...
but just a few days...;)

Genevieve said...

Beautiful cards! I really like the one with the window, great idea!

Genevieve

Pauline said...

These are gorgeous cards, love the window frame you used, and the clever combination of stamps to create these beautiful scenes.

Marybeth said...

Both cards are just adorable! What a fun window card! Beautiful detail too!

JJ Bolton said...

Great cards Cassie! That first one has the most beautiful colors! I love how you used the Christmas window for your second card, genius!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How creative and so Springy!! Love your sweet little banners on the first, and your clever open window on the second!! Two beauties!!!

Unknown said...

I loved your banner card, but the wee windo stole my heart!! Never would have thought to use it for Spring, but it is fabby in the pastel colours!! terrific inspiration here Cassie!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!!

LaurieJ said...

Wonderful cards! I love how you combined the sentiments on the first card. And the little scene you created on the second card is lovely. The window is perfect!

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of these cards are wonderful Cassie! Love the banners and bees!

Deborah Frings said...

Your cards are gorgeous, but the window scene is inspired! I love the colouring and sweet bees! Just fab!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Your cards are WONDERFUL! I LOVE the window open to let all the beauty of spring in - so perfect for the party!
Have a great day, hugs, Karin

rudlis said...

This is absolutely fabulous!
Stunning design and gorgeous card! Two great cards!
Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words.

Sharron said...

Beautiful patterned paper and wonderful soft colors on the first card! And I love the window scene! Fabulous idea to use the Christmas set. What a great feeling to look through your little window and see a Spring day!

Cassi said...

love your use of banners, can't wait to get bitty banners inky!

Helen Berry said...

My goodness - these are both wonderful cards - i love how you used the window from the Christmas set to make a beautiful Spring scene. Just gorgeous!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Your cards are just beautiful Cassie! I love the banners on the first and the adorable window on the second!

Chris

Jen Cuthbertson said...

These are so pretty, Cassie! I love the window card and the banners are gorgeous against that floral paper!