Nothing like the last minute carfting. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to join in PTI's February blog hop, but I was able to craft last night after all. I wanted to create a card for my amazing DH as he the rock in our family, but I also wanted to remind him to lean on our Heavenly Rock as I know he's dealing with a lot of stress right now. The idea of using the tree comes from my favorite flower that just happens to be on my favorite tree, the Dogwood. The flower itself means durability which for means means strength.
The image is from Lovely as a Tree (SU!) and stamped in memento black on PTI's kraft c/s that has been cut and embossed from an oval from Spellbinders. I then tried my hand at watercoloring (something I love the look of buy haven't really mastered myself as it scares me) using Distress Ink pads. In real life the colors are not as bright as the picture make them seem. Since PTI's hop is all about scallops this time, I added a scallop border in black. The color black and kraft color scheme came from Paper Trunk's Krafty collection that I've had for about a year. I loved the little strip they had where the scallop was combined with some manly stripes. The sentiment is from PTI's Flutterby Friends and the kraft base was embossed with PTI's linen embossing plate. I love how the plate gives it just a hint of rustic texture. To finish off the card I added to large eyelets to the left side of the card.

Paptertry Inkers - inspired by your favorite flower without useing flowers
All that Scraps - sketch
CCEE - distress (not much but I did distress a stip of c/s and sponged the edge of the image)
Creative Inspirations - stripes









14 comments:
This is very pretty! Wonderful job! ♥♥♥
Lovely!!
Pretty. Love the combination of papers and scallops.
So pretty! I love the coloring on the tree!
i love the black with the kraft and the distressed strip of paper behind the tree
Lovely card thanks for joining Creative this week
I'm sure the hubby will appreciate it :) I didn't get a chance to join the hop this month :( but I'm glad you did! Hugs, Cassie
I'm so glad you found the time to craft! This card is so softly and elegantly beautiful and I do hope that it encourages your DH - the thought behind it is very poignant!
Beautiful card Cassie! Love that tree image and scalloped oval!
That tree image is so lovely! Beautiful use of scallops; love the card you've created here!
This tree stamp is beautiful, and you framed it perfectly with the black scalloped mat. Very pretty!
So elegant! Your coloring is amazing!
Totally beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge!!
Beautiful texture and distressing!! Thanks so much for joining our CCEE distress challenge!!
Post a Comment