Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Aftermath of Ike

I am so not a camping or hurrican person. Those are two things I learned from Hurrican Ike. We decided to weather out the storm in our home and it was a scary thing to hear in the early hours of the morning. We lost power around 2:00 am (I know b/c I was up then) and didn't get it back until 10:00 that night. We were some of the lucky few it get it back in under 24 hours. DS camped out in our room in a tent Friday night so that we could all be close and he did much better then me. Not too many people from our neighborhood left so we had some good company Saturday afternoon. DH was called to Austin on Sunday and now I am praying to have him home in less than a week. I have yet to get some good sleep between Ike and DS coughing at night. My preggo hormones are in full gear too so I am getting overwhelmed quick.

As for our home, it is standing minus two trees in the backyard.

Thank you for those who have been praying for us and continue those prayers as those who live closer to the coast got it really bad and will have a long road before them.

2 comments:

Lianna Knight said...

I'm glad everything went will for you during the storm. I was curious how you weathered :)

My parents are STILL without power. Fortunately, they have their motorhome, so they are camping out in it for the time being.

How did your parents do?

Blessings!

Wendy said...

Glad to hear that you guys made it through the storm. We are still powerless, so we remain in Tennessee waiting (patiently). Neither one of us has school til next week. Don't see much reason to hurry back. We received quite a bit of damage at the house. I guess we have lots of work to do when we get back. Talk to you soon!