The layout:

The rays in Practicing Creativity's You're Dandy set was perfect for the rainbow rays I needed. The clouds that came in the set were the perfect scale size for the card as well. I heat embossed the clouds in white a little longer than normal so that it bubbled some to give them some texture and then I cut each on out. Two of th clouds are mounted up on foam dots to give them some depth. The words are computer generated in purple so that I could use all of the colors of the rainbow. I think the only thing I would have done differently was to sponged more light blue on the sentiment scrap so that the clouds could stand out more.
Challenges used:Crafty Calendar - the great outdoors
Stampin' for the weekend - smile/cheer up
Saturday Crafter - no patterned paper
Quixotic Challenge - word/sentiment focus
Wee Memories - sky's the limit
Paper Sundaes - favorite book, poem, or fairy tale (Wizard of Oz and the Over the Rainbow song).







20 comments:
Oh I LOVE your CASE!
Cute card. I love it! The texture on the clouds adds a nice touch.
so pretty.. such cheery colors too. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!
Hi Cassie! It's great to find your blog and thanks for the lovely comment you left for me. Your layout and card are wonderful, I love the bright and cheerful colours and your designs are superb. Chris :)
Fun case, love your card.
GREAT CASE, Cassie :) I know what you mean about the end of the year crazyness! I'll be running around like a crazy, headless chicken beginning tomorrow! EEEK! Hope you had a great year & hoping for the best for your little one :) Big hugs!
I think this card is great, love the colors!
that layout is fantastic, such amazing colours. Thank you so much for entering the SFTW challenge this time and good luck.
Very cool case Cassie! Love the rays and the clouds look great.
Great card & wonderful take on casing the scrapbook page! Thanks for playing along with us in this weeks Paper Sundaes Challenge "Written Inpspiration" :)
I love how brignt and cheery the card is... great job,,
Pretty, colourful card, love the clouds.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)
Cool scene, I like the rainbow and the clouds :-0 Thanks for playing along with us this week at Paper Sundaes!
So PRETTY!!
LOVE, love, love this! The graphic elements are fabulous and I love the color combination! A gorgeous card!!
Love your take on your inspiration piece! The clouds are perfect:)
very sweet! Nice job w/ the case.
Wow! this is fun and colorful!
Oh, I love how this turned out! Glad you could play along with us this week at Paper Sundaes!
this card is adorable!
Post a Comment