Saturday morning I let ya'll know about how I was feeling about work (for those who don’t know, I am a teacher). Well, I thought I would give you an update. I'm still confused about what He wants me to do, but I do know that I cannot have another 13 1/2 hour work day (yes, those are the hours I put in on Saturday and I still didn't getything done that I wanted to get done) to come to the end of an already 45 hour work week (I typically put in between 45 and 48 hours a week during the school year) to bring the final total to 58 1/2 hours in six days. That is on top of a 50 hour work week the week before too. That is just too much for me. I am not being the mother or the wife He wants me to be by pulling those hours nor am I able to learn more about Him. My hubby even told me that if it continues this year then he's putting his foot down as it is affecting us. It's a lot to take in since I do love teaching, but I know it can't come at the expense of my family or my sanity. Money is a factor right now due to our debt and what we have gotten comfortable with (probably shouldn't be but it is). This just may be the year where LOTS of prayers and talks happen and big changes may be in our future.
My craft room is clean now (shocker I know) and I hope to create soon, but right now I am just mentally and emotionally tired.
4 comments:
I hear ya I am having a tough go right now with my classroom - severe behaviour problem and not the support I believe I should have - very stressful and exhausting.
Hey Cassie! So sorry you are having rough patch. Teachers deserve more pay and respect than they receive for sure.
We are settled in now from the move. I think moving gets more difficult the more kids I have. :)
I love what you have been doing! That orange flower is amazing! And now I am feeling very enabled to go to PTI to check out that set you used below! Love it!
I think we (teachers) can totally relate- so know you are NOT alone in feeling overwhelmed. Do what you can- the rest will have to wait- you are only one person. I know last year I hired a HS student to help a couple times a week after school & it was worth every penny- (I didn't pay her a lot either, & she ended up helping me as part of her community service hours afterwards.) Take care Cassie & hang in there- we're with ya! Big hugs~
I hope things get better for you. Teaching is such a stressful job. It takes a very special person. Hope it gets better and you have more free time for your family.
Post a Comment