Saturday, October 2, 2010

Autumn Inspired

So my week was rough at work and while I have been dealing with that my DH's uncle passed away and we have his funeral tiday. He had been fighting cancer for a year and is now at peace and home with our Father. I thought about taking today off, but DH said that I really shouldn't since this is my stress release and he thinks I needed. I kept the cards rather simple as I couldn't focus as much. The designer paper I used on both cards can be bought at Your Memories Here. Lots of Glimmer Mist was used on the cards (and can be bought at YMH). I used some Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist to cover the chipbard pieces that the butterflies are sitting on as well as on the blue embossed cardstock to give it a subtle sparkle. I colored the butterflies with my copics and cut them out. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder foudn at YMH for the blue cardstock to add some texture and then lightly sponged along the side with white ink. I wish I had more to say but I'm drained honestly.



Challenges used:
Crafty Calendar - Autumn Birthdays
Lollipop Crafts - Glitter, Sparkle, and Shine
CCEE - sketch
Flutter by Wed - sparkle with a butterfly, angel, or fairy
Tuesday Taggers - here comes Autumn
My Time to Craft - looks like Autumn
Stampin' for the Weekend - Autumn inspiration

Photobucket

6 comments:

Danni said...

So sorry to read of your family's loss.
Beautiful creations! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Diane Davies said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts. : )

So sorry for your loss. : (

Robin said...

Sorry for your loss...
your cards are beautiful.. thanks so much for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

Kate's Makes said...

Beautiful and i love that paper, thanks for playing along with our SFTW chalenge and good luck :o)

Very sorry to hear of your loss though.

Kate x

Ruth said...

Classy looking cards! The paper is gorgeous,Ruth, Crafty Calendar Challenge

Joanne Stott said...

Cassie, what an adorable card and i especially love your signature, yes the Lord is good. Thank you for joining us at SFTW for this weeks challenge and good luck.

Hugs x

Joanne