Thursday, May 24, 2012

WMS Blog Hop - Felt

It's that time again when WMS has their waltz/hop. This month's challenge was to use felt somehow. Last week's Make It Monday over at PTI had this super cute felt tree and I knew this hop would be the perfect place to CASE it. To create the background I masked off the sky and sponged on 3 shades of Distress Ink greens and then masked off the hill and sponged 3 shades of blue. I wanted to frame the tree and found the perfect one in WMS's Holiday Label #14 and to make it even better I embossed it in white. I grounded the whole thing using sentiments from WMS's Say It Loud and then popped the whole thing up using foam dots. Now that I have finished it I am thinking it will need to find a sweet little frame so that I can display it :) Be sure to check out the WMS blog to follow along with the hop.


Photobucket

25 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I love the simplicity of the design and the way you've framed that gorgeous tree! Lovely!

Joyce said...

What a great tree, with those beautiful felt blooms. I know exactly which tree you were casing, and you did such a great job. I like the white frame around the tree.

Marybeth said...

Hi, Cassie! This is gorgeous! Love the soft flowers and pretty leaves on your rose tree. Great job. Hope you got my message about the card you sent with the stamps, it was so sweet.

Julia Aston said...

Oh Yum Cassie! what a creative design with the beautiful felt tree framed by the white embossing! Gorgeous! You definitely need to frame this one!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow Cassie...I want a tree like this in MY yard. Blooming with beautiful colors and great touches like your embossing and that great hillside. Great job with today's Blog Party!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Cassie! This is so striking. I love the beautiful tree you created - the colors are so pretty. So clever how you stamped the tag image into your background!

Kary said...

Wow, Cassie, your card is Fantastic!! Great design and I love the pretty flowers and the scene you created. Awesome job!!

Cathy Weber said...

I absolutely love how you put your tree inside that neat frame image! That was genius, the beautiful tree looks so pretty in felt. Great job.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

What a WONDERFUL card! It is going straight into my inspiration file! TFS!!!
Have a great day and a fun Hop, hugs, Karin

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Awesome felt tree, love that you embossed the sentiment, it really stands out.

Bumblebee said...

Wow Cassie, this card is amazing, and definitely deserves to be framed. I love all your delicate sponging and the white embossing is really striking. All your felt work looks fantastic!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous tree, looks like springtime to me and the soft sweet flowers, just the perfect touch for such a beautiful card.

Peanut said...

This is such a classy card, Cassie! Love how you've framed the tree. And the flowers are simply gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, Cassie! Your tree and the felt flowers are so beautiful!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
I absolutely love that tree...
it's just perfect!!
What a truly beautiful card! :)

Jan Garber said...

Yes, you shuold definately frame this! So pretty!

Sharron said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous! The stamped background is wonderful and I adore that tree. Great idea to add the frame and the felt leaves and flowers look awesome!

Rhonda said...

What an awesome tree Cassie. LOVE it!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Cassie! Love how you framed the tree with the embossed WM label!

Unknown said...

It's so cute and makes for a beautiful tree!

Super Jen said...

Super clever way to use the nestie friendly stamp. And the tree is fabulous, of course.

Tara Cardwell said...

I love how you've framed the tree and our felt flowers are gorgeous!

Karen M said...

Cassie, this is absolutely fabulous! Your tree and its border, the amazing flowers and leaves - perfect! Kx

Charmaine Stack said...

Oh my! LOVE this. Okay, when you find the frame, Cassie, let me know, because I have the perfect wall for this to be hung on. Just sayin'...

Lori said...

What a pretty tree! Love how you framed it, too.