Monday, May 28, 2012

Blackboard Airplane

My oldest is enjoying his last week as a Kindergartener. To let him know how proud I am of him and the things he learned this past year I created a little card for him. This is what I am hoping will be the start a new tradtion: to give the boys a card for the start and end of each school year. I decided to go a little old school and use those blackboards teachers used to have in their classrooms. I stamped the images in Fresh Snow ink from PTI and even sponged the edges for that not really washed blackboard feel. The images are from WMS's Free Spirit and Off Beat Backgrounds (although the tiny stars are from TSG's Day or Night) while the sentiment is from PTI's Up, Up, & Away Sentiments.

Challenges used:
WMS Sketch Challenge
One Stop Craft Challenge: one for the boys
Crafty Catz: male card

Photobucket

10 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

What a great card for your son...love the look of the blackboard, just too cute.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a great take on the sketch!!! Fabulous stamping and I LOVE your design - perfect use of the WMS bg stamps!
Hugs, Karin

Claire said...

So clever! It really does look like a blackboard - I'm sure your son will love it!

Jeanne J. said...

Cassie! What a neat card for your son - you did great making this look like a chalkboard! You son will love the neat images - the paper airplane - and the graphic chevron zig/zag pattern!

Christina said...

I just love the distressed, blackboard look of this card! It's so perfect for the end of the school year, although I had to laugh at your comment about the "old days" when there were blackboards in the classroom. My daughter's room has a "smart board", whatever that means!

Teresa Kline said...

what a perfect card and for a memorable reason, I luv that idea...hope your week is great!

enjoy *~*

Kelly S. said...

Awww so COOL...and sweet :)! I just love the white on the grey with these images! Such a fun modern design. Congratulations to your almost first grader! That leap from kindergarten to first was almost as tough as preschool to kindergarten for me ;)!!

Deborah Frings said...

Love it - the idea of a blackboard works brilliantly! And it's my favourite set too!

Jill Norwood said...

Love your card! The blackboard look is so wonderful!

Marybeth said...

What a sweet card for your little guy! Very creative!