Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Birthday Butterflies


I really wish I could tell you what amazing crafter I got this whole card idea from, but I can't. I am not even sure where I saw, but I know I did. I loved her simple use of multiple hearts with the bright color peeking out of the side of the black. How those hearts framed the sentiment was amazing. I couldn't wait to recreate, but when would I get the chance? Enter this week's Flutterby Challenge: use a sentiment on the front of your creation along with a butterfly/fairy (or two). So instead of hearts I punched out the sweet little butterflies form the Martha Stewart punch. The paper came from an old Prima 6x6 pad called Annalee. I made myself use one of the sheets that is not a favorite of min for the butterflies and I ended up loving it! I went over a few of the butterflies with glossy accents to give it just a little something extra. I guess this just goes to show that sometime getting out of your comfort zone with colors can be a good thing :)


Photobucket

11 comments:

Lynette said...

Very cool, and a beautiful card! Nicely done!

jan farnworth said...

love all the little butterflies very cute.

Jenée said...

Cassie, the simplicity of this card is lovely and emphasizes those lovely butterflies beautifully. Wonderful creation, girl!

Chrissy said...

So very effective Cassie, love all the butterflies, fabulous design.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Danni said...

So clever!! What an amazing card with all those butterflies!

Renee said...

This is beautiful Cassie...
love those sweet butterfly's against the black...
perfect!

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a beautiful card. All those lovely colorful butterflies are so stunning.

Loved your bible quote, Cassie. It's one of my all time favorites, and I have taken it to heart so many times in my life. =)

Harriet Skelly said...

Love this design - love the colored butterflies popping off of the black background!

Taheerah said...

Love all those cute butterflies!

Denice said...

I fell in love with this card the minute I saw it... I can see why you would want to CASE it! Well done!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Cassie, so pretty with all those butterflies!