Wednesday, April 24, 2013

It's hip to be square

At least it is this week for the Flutterby Challenge. We have a sketch for you this week and it is square. I have to be honest, when I first saw it I was stuck. The sketch had to stew in my brain for a few days before I came up with something. The end result is a modified version of what I started with.

I stamped the butterfly and colored it with copics before I coated it with glossy accents. Once dried I sponged on several shades of blue for the sky. While I was sponging I went ahead and sponged with same blue a slightly smaller square to go behind the triangle I cut out of the card front. The part of the card front I left attached was sponged with shades of green and the splattered/flicked with water to create the texture.

Here is the sketch for you:


Photobucket

7 comments:

Kathy said...

So pretty! I love the spotted texture on the green panel, so cool!

Jenée said...

Wonderful presentation. You've used the sketch perfectly. Lovely card!

Chrissy said...

I think you did a fabulous job with the sketch Cassie, love the blue sponging and your butterfly is gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

jan farnworth said...

love how your eyes go right to the butterfly nicely done.

Danni said...

You did a fabulous job with the sketch!! Gorgeous card!

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Cassie! I like your butterfly, and I like the green paper you chose.

Denice said...

I love the color combo you used for this card, blue and green...it's like I'm looking at this butterfly outside!