Saturday, July 6, 2013

Let It Snow


Maybe not just yet but a little cooler weather would be nice. Like maybe in the low 90's and it feels like it isn't over 100, lol. While dreaming of cooler weather, I used a few challenges to inspire today's WMS CCC catch up. Last month's theme was "snow" and I found a few challenges that worked perfectly with it too: Festive Friday's challenge this week is to be inspired by the trigger word of snow, Addicated to CAS's trigger word was 'water' (which snow is a form of, thank you elementary science class, lol). and One Stop Craft Challenge was the every popular Anything Goes. I ended up creating two slightly different cards and played with the longer, standard business size cards too.


The card on the right is a carry over from the glitter challenge of May over at WMS CCC. I lined score tape along the sides and up to where I wanted the sentiment in the opening and then rubbed in the glitter. To create the background, I covered white c/s (enough for both cards) with Chipped Sapphire DI, let it dry, stamped two sizes of snowflakes from WMS (the same ones I used here) in white ink, splattered pearlized spray and plain water. For the card on the right I cut the background apart so that I could stamp the sentiment and the frame around it (with Chipped Sapphire DI). For the card on the left I choose to use a MS snowflake punch on some computer paper and use it as the border to the design. Also, instead of the opening for the sentiment I went with heat embossing it with white directly onto the background. If I had time I believe I would have done a third one where I merged the two together...maybe I will make the time.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Ardyth said...

Pretty - love the glitter and the lace - isn't it interesting how changing that one detail changes the feel of it. Impossible to choose a favourite. Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

Karen Dunbrook said...

very nicely done...

Loll said...

Two beautiful snowy cards. So pretty with the glitter too. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. Loll :)

Geri said...

Both of these are great, Cassie! Love the icy blue and white and touches of glitter with it. Your paper turned out amazing...would not have thought you did it yourself...it's perfect! So glad you've joined us again at Festive Friday! I couldn't get to you from the new link, though...went to the last challenge and pulled you up that way.

Sue said...

Love how you stamped the snowflakes! Great take on the challenge. Thank you for joining us at ATCAS.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Cassie, I LOVE the paper you created! It's so gorgeous! Both of these are beautiful, I can't pick a favourite. Thanks for linking up with us this week!

Shelley said...

Thank you for joining in our anything goes challenge at One Stop Craft Challenge, hugs Shelley xx