It's time for another Flutterby Challenge, and this week it is a sketch. We would love to see you play along this week too. Just follow the sketch the below and be sure to include a butterfly or fairy.
When I first looked at the sketch, I was stumped. I am not a huge bow person (mostly because I stink at making pretty bows) and the CAS person in me just saw all of the layers. After I put it aside for a few days I started to remember that with sketches you can rotate and even flip them. Change it us just a hint if need be. So that is just what I did. I flipped and rotated the sketch and even centered the circle a bit more to my liking. I think I knew I wanted to do from the beginning was to include my butterflies in a field of flowers. I found a stamp in my wood stamp stash and used markers on it to create the colors (I used two shades of green and two shades of orange/yellow). Did the great "huff" technique and stamped. Then I found a circle diecut to cut it out. I used the Martha Stewart three butterfly punch and layered the sweet little butterflies. To help the sentiment stand out a bit more I took on of the smallest butterflies and popped it up underneath. The "ribbon" was created with green c/s and a white gel pen. In the end I had fun crafting this card.
Oh school, how I wish it was Spring Break. Alas, you are three weeks away. No big plans, I am just ready for a break. DH and I have been working on getting our family debt-free (except for the house) and on a cash only way of living. It has been hard and at times seemed impossible. We are doing this so that we will be able to create an option for me with work: continue working or become a stay-at-home mom (and maybe working part-time since both of my boys will be in school). It is a scary thing for us and is requiring us to really lean on our faith. As challenging as it has been though, the moments when I really trust and believe I do have a peace about it. Right now that peace is leading us to the SAH option. Part of the reason is we are also trying to decide about homeschooling. There is a program we are interested in but it starts when the child is in third grade and my oldest is in first this year. We shall see. Just felt like putting some words down about my thoughts (and even fears - the fear that if I speak what I truly want it won't come true. Silly I know, but there it is).










6 comments:
Pretty! Love the orange and green together, such a striking combo. Hope things work out just the way you want them to for you and your family.
Gorgeous card Cassie, love your take of the sketch..beautiful.
Luv CHRISSYxx
I think you did an amazing job with the sketch, Cassie! Love your paper ribbon and how you flipped it around. And Bravo for working on being debt-free - that was our goal too early in our marriage and it's allowed me to be the SAHM that we wanted for our family. You can do it! :)
love how you flipped the sketch very creative. nice striking image to.
A wonderful CAS card with a beautiful sentiment...a very "smart" take on this week's sketch challenge. Thanks for the inspiration.
:Dxx
Cassy, a very pretty card. The green and orange with the white are lovely -- very crisp and clean.
Post a Comment