Monday, February 25, 2013

Spreading some love


I have been a fan of Clear & Simple stamps for awhile now but haven't been able to buy any stamps (although LOTS are on my wish list), but Amber (from Damask Love) has presented us with the opportunity to give a shout out to one of our blog crushes along with a color challenge. I think the idea is brilliant and couldn't wait to play along. Be sure to check out her post with all of the details.


One of my blog crushes is the talented Meredith of A Delightful Waste of Time. I love how she incorporates texture and hand stamped backgrounds into her work. She also hosts an amazing challenge called Festive Fridays (one I still need to create a card for, lol) and it was her latest card for this challenge that inspired my card above. I really like the look of grey with anything so the color choice below with yellows and greys was perfect for me. I went ahead and kept the card more modern and clean and think it turned out great. The background was created with PTI's Pretty Peonies annv set and the sentiment came from WMS's Fancy Phrases. After stamping the background, I embossed it with the linen plate from PTI to give it a touch of texture. With the layers of colored c/s strips adding some bulk I decided to pop up not only the sentiment strip but the flower as well.

I am hoping to play along at least one more time this week so we shall see if it works out :)

Photobucket

13 comments:

itsallrosi said...

your card is beautiful!

Amber said...

Oh I am SO happy that you used this color combo! It was one of my favorites and you've done wonders with it! The background stamping with the florals is beautiful. Thanks for helping to Spread the Love! (and btw...Meredith is TOTALLY one of my crushes too_

Amber said...

Oh I am SO happy that you used this color combo! It was one of my favorites and you've done wonders with it! The background stamping with the florals is beautiful. Thanks for helping to Spread the Love! (and btw...Meredith is TOTALLY one of my crushes too_

Amber said...

Oh I am SO happy that you used this color combo! It was one of my favorites and you've done wonders with it! The background stamping with the florals is beautiful. Thanks for helping to Spread the Love! (and btw...Meredith is TOTALLY one of my crushes too_

Unknown said...

Really pretty! I love the textured paper you used - makes for a stunner card!

Susie said...

Gorgeous card. Love your color story - very elegant.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Cassie, you just made my whole WEEK!!!!!

I am so glad I saw your post, this is about the sweetest thing EVER. Thank you so much for this!! I love love LOVE your card - I am loving yellow and grey right now, and the way you interpreted my card is SO beautiful (I like yours better!!). I can't even tell you how much this means to me, THANK YOU!!!

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful job with the colors on this, love those flowers!

Taheerah said...

Gorgeous card Cassie! You've worked that colour combo so well and really showcased some of the best elements of Meredith's work! Beautiful!!

Thanks for leaving some love on my blog!

Michelle said...

Cassie, I love Meredith too! You've made a beautiful tribute in your card here. It's gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous card! Love this color combo, you did an amazing job with it!

Unknown said...

Oh wow, Cassie! This is gorgeous!

Jean Martin said...

Cassie! This is gorgeous! It's one of my favorites!!! Beautiful! :)