Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Flutterling by with a little love


First, so sorry that this is going up late. Not sure where my head was this week. Anyways, this week's theme over at Flutterby Challenges is to create a sweet little creation for love. It can be for a wedding, anniversary, or just a good generic love. Make sure to include either a butterfly or fairy on your creation as well. I went with the anniversary theme and kept my simple (of course, lol). I've seen this sketch around and thought I would try it out as I really liked what I have seen. To add some texture and interest to the card since I decided to stick with the elegant white and black, I cut the layered white to the size I wanted and embossed it with a Tim Holtz damask folder. But before I embossed, I coated one side (the side that pushes into the paper) with versamark ink. This way it gave a nice coating of something for some perfect pearls, perfect pearl to adhere to. Love how the end result was a soft sheen. I added some perfect pearl spray to black cardstock and dried before I punched out the Martha Stewart butterflies (love, love, love this punch). Simple and elegant I think!

 

Photobucket

6 comments:

Danni said...

This is so striking with the black and white! Gorgeous card!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Cassie, love those gorgeous butterflies and embossing, very elegant..beautiful.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Kathy said...

Very pretty Cassie. I agree, black and white is so elegant. Love the embossing, too.

Unknown said...

elegant indeed! the texture is the perfect embellishment for this design. i love that MS punch too...so versatile and perfectly sized. beautiful design!

Lynette said...

I love it, Cassie! What a great layout, and black and white is always so elegant! Beautiful.

Denice said...

this is stunning and i want to make a card just like it!!!! the embossing is perfect!