Friday, May 17, 2013

Teachers + Summer = Breathe

It's that time of the month again where we get to waltz our way through some wonderful projects using Waltzingmouse Stamps. This month's theme is teachers. To waltz along with us be sure to check out the WMS blog. Being a teacher myself I knew I had to play along. Now, I'll be honest here, when I first heard this theme I went an entirely different way because this time of year for most teachers means SUMMER VACATION. Many teachers, myself included, do work over the summer, but it isn't as taxing and does allow us to breathe and recoup a little before the next year begins. By the end of a school year many start counting down with the kids to the end of the year. I could have been a good year or a bad one but when the end comes we are ready for a breather after all of the hard work that was put in on a daily basis. What better way to recharge than with a little R & R tropic style.


I have a few coworkers that have had a tough year and summer time is looking really bright right now. To give one a little encouragement I created a summer vacation. I loved the sunset look Anya had used in the past and thought I would create my own tropical paradise. For this relaxing look I used one of my favorite WMS stamp set: My Island. I used Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick, Barn Door, Weathered Wood, Dusty Concord, and a touch of Black Soot for the sunset. For the sand I tore some sticky paper and sponged some black soot and then stamped the images and sentiment using the same black ink. I will admit, this has been one of my better years student-wise, but I am still looking forward to June 7th when my summer vacation beings.

Photobucket

23 comments:

Danni said...

Stunning card!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful Cassie...you did a fantastic job getting that sunset just the right colors. Incredible.

Teresa Kline said...

fun card, luv the shaded background!

enjoy *~*

Jeanne J. said...

OOooooh! Fab background you created! I could get lost in this little scene you created... take me away!!!

Marybeth said...

I was telling Julia I never would have thought to use this stamp but you too creative girls did. Your card is gorgeous the way you colored it! Summer is looking good!

Julia Aston said...

We DID have the same idea with the summer theme Cassie! Your beauiful sky is so warm and inviting - I wish I was sitting there!!

~Tammy~ said...

What a sweet card to give your coworker. Beautiful sunset!

Pauline said...

Wow! What an amazing sky you created, and the beach themed silhouettes work a treat! What a gorgeous background!

Kary said...

Such a Beautiful card, and the background looks Awesome!! It takes one straight into vacation mood. Love it!! Even though teaching can be challenging, I'm sure there are many rewarding moments in shaping a young person's life. Take care!

Claire said...

What a great idea using this set Cassie! Your sunset is absolutely gorgeous...so vibrant. It makes me feel warm and Summery just looking at it!

Renee said...

Gorgeous, Cassie!!
And that sunset sky is amazing...
so perfect with the beach and tree silhouette!!
And while I'm not a teacher...
I look forward to summer vacation just so I can sleep in and have jammie days whenever I want! :)

Kara said...

Beautiful! That's where I want to be when school lets out! Only 24 more days!!yay!

craftmates said...

wow, what a beautiful card- Irma

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful card, love the sunset. Have you got directions to the beach? :) :)

Deborah Frings said...

Your sunset background is truly magnificent! And the palms conjure up a wonderful holiday feeling!

Leigh Penner said...

Oooh, I love this!

Leigh Penner said...

I just went and ordered this set, Cassie -- it's so gorgeous! Thanks for the enabling! ;)

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

FABULOUS card! Amazing bg - love it!!!

Vickie Z said...

I think it's perfect!! We all think vacation when summer comes and I wish I was on my way to a tropical paradise!! Gorgeous shading!!

Kelly S. said...

Oh I can FEEL the warmth coming off of this one, Cassie! What a gorgeous sunset, sooooo perfectly blended! I love the little island scene you created in silhouette, too. Happy summer to YOU!

Kim Heggins said...

This is one amazing card! Really a work of art.

-Aneta- said...

I´m also a teacher ...:)I Can imagine myself on this beach! Beautiful card Cassie !

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous...