Wednesday, March 4, 2009

AI contest challenge #1

I mentioned a few entries back that I made it into an on-line scrapbook challenge over at Scrap-tastic. Well, I just found out tonight that I made it past round 1 :) For that challenge we had to choose a song and create a LO using that song in mind. Every detail of the layout had to personify that song; from the pictures to the colors to the embellishments and design. The technique for the challenge was to use 10 different patterned papers on your layout and NO cardstock. This really had me thinking about what to do. I ended up going with the song "Butterfly Kisses" and used a couple of pictures of me and my daddy dancing to it from my wedding.

It took me some time putting it all together, but it was so worth it. Now I must go off to see what the next challenge is and start working on it.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Fabulous layout. I love how you used all those pattern papers and it's not overwelming. You did a wonderful job.