
I made it to round 4 for the Scrap-tastic Americon Idol! I feel so honored to have gotten this far. The last challenge was to scrap-lift one of the Design Team's layouts while making it your own and use three or more different types of embellishments. I really enjoyed this one as I've been wanting to scrap these pictures since I took them last summer. DS LOVES to mow when our lawn guy comes as well as when our neighbor mows his lawn.
Here's my take on the scraplift challenge for this round. This was Becky's l/o that inspired me: http://www.scrap-tastic.com/pages/gallery_detail.cfm?galleryID=6751 I have been wanting to scrap these pictures of DS 'mowing' the yard with our lawn guy since I took the pictures last summer but haven't been inspired. I loved the nature feel and green Becky used in her l/o and that's when inspiration struck. I made the grass that borders the bottom edge and the bottom of the oval scene, and then I painted the c/s to add depth to them. Then I added the doodle lines on one side and the top to help frame everything. I had just gotten the new Maya Road tree chipboards and thought they would be perfect for this. I covered one with pp and painted the other two. For the journaling block I painted the edges and then added the doodle lines with a green marker. I also stamped a branch on the bottom and added a little chipboard bird. The ribbons and staples was a look I've been wanting to try for a while now. As for the pictures, I really like combining b/w with color so I made the top and bottom b/w and gave the color one a white mat so that it would pop a little more.







1 comment:
Cassie,
I don't think I saw it over at SCS that you made it to round 4! Congrats! And what a sweet page!
bekah
Post a Comment