Sunday, March 21, 2010

Butterfly day

I've got a couple of butterfly cards for ya' today. I did color a third one, but it's still waiting to be transformed into something. The two I'm showing are me trying out the feathering technique with my copics (which is one of the reasons why the image is a butterfly as it's easier for me to try out the technique). The other reason for the image is that they make me think of spring and Easter - both of which symbolize new life and new beginnings. The butterfly went from a catapillar to a beautiful butterfly; it was transfromed into a new life. I've been thinking about that lately...



Anyway, back to the cards. The first one is really clean and simple with the stuble textures of the ribbon and the embossed yellow background. I even clear embossed a small Easter wishes saying in the bottom right corner although it's hard to see in the picture.


Challenges used:
Crafty Creations - spots & dots
Belli challenge - sketch
The Play Date Cafe - color challenge (medium pink, pale pink, pale yellow)
No Time To Stamp - CAS texture
Oh Alice - Spring
Stampin for the weekend - Easter
Stampin Sisters in Christ - CAS
Frosted Designs - spring



The second card uses the Martha Stewart grass punch (loving this punch too) and is another fairly CAS card. I used the same dot embossed background on the yellow and made the flower. I thought this would make a nice spring any reason kind of card. The greens were sprayed with Key Lime Pie Glimmer Mist.


Challenges used:
Creative Inspirations - white, yellow, green (the white is the ink I used on the blue paper and parts of the butterfly)
Poppy Seed Challenge - buttons, polka dots, light moss
Stamp Challenges - distress something (the flower)
Just Us Girls - color challenges (lt. brown, lt blue, yellow, lt green)
Our Daily Bread - spring/new life
Rosie D's - yellow, green, white

Photobucket

40 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Great job on coloring the butterfly with the feathering technique! Both cards are very pretty! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls!

Julie Ranae said...

Wonderful entry for this week's challenge, Cassie....

Ummm...you need to go back to this week's challenge and read to the very end of the post ; )

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a couple of GREAT cards! Love those beautifully colored butterflies and your wonderful texture on both of these! Way to go! Thanks so much for playing the Stamp Simply Challenge this week!!!

Clare said...

These are GORGEOUS! The coloring on the butterflies is just AMAZING! :)

Chrissy D said...

These are sooo pretty! I love the spring colors you chose!

Laurie said...

What a pretty CAS card! Thanks for sharing it on SSCC this week.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are beautiful!! I just love the yellow and green!! The coloring is gorgeous!! The second card with the flower and dry embossing is so gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the light challenge this week!

Grace said...

Wow these are gorgeous!!! Your feathering technique is fabulous!!! I love the soft pretty colors you used!!! Thanks for playing along with the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge!

Ashley M said...

Your butterflies are so pretty!

Basement Stamper said...

oh, these are gorgeous! Love the colors you chose for them.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Cassie, what a great take on this weeks ODBD Shining the Ligh Challenge!!! I love butterfliesand this card is so gorgeous!! Thanks for taking the time to play along. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's Challenge with this lovely work!

Saskia :)

Noor Nahdi said...

cute card!!

Vicki said...

Just beautiful, Cassie! Says Spring in every detail! Blessings to you!

Aunty Sue said...

oh wow they are fab have yet to master this fully myself. Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Both cards are wonderful, but the yellow and green one is really outstanding. Love the grass and that wonderful flower! Both cards are wonderful, but the yellow and green one is really outstanding.

Ruby said...

Very pretty cards!! Love the way you've coloured your butterflies, they are really lovely. Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe this week, hope you play along next week too! :o)

Heidi said...

Just loving the butterflies, had a good time with my die this weekened as well. Just makes me think of spring. These are both fun and love they are simple.

brenda said...

Hi Cassie

Two really elegant cards, butterflies are always such a wonderful way to express yourself.

Thank you for sharing with us at Rosie D's this week.

B x

Anonymous said...

Beautifully colored butterflies and great CAS look! Thanks for sharing with us at SSCC.

Mervi said...

So lovely butterflies and cute cards!
Thanks for joining in with us
at Rosie D's, good luck;-))m

Kathy said...

I love butterflies, so springy. Both of these are lovely

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Very nice cards, Cassie! Great job coloring the butterflies! Thanks for playing along with us again on the Belli Challenge!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful coloring on your butterflies. Thanks for playing at PDCC.

Anonymous said...

Love the swiss dot bkgd with the butterflies - looks great!! thanks for playing the Stamp Simply Challenge : )

Tracy said...

Fab entry, thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful creations, Cassie! Your butterflies are stunning! Thanks for playing with the PDCC!

ChristineCreations said...

Love how your grass grounds your butterfly ...a real touch of spring!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fantastic card- beautiful colors and great feathering technique.

Suzanne C said...

Well you can never go wrong with a butterfly. :) I love those butterflies and beautiful cards. Thanks for playing with us at PDCC!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh these are gorgeous!!! I especially LOVE the one with the grass! What a cool punch! I think I **need** that one!

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh my goodness, these are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks for playing in the Taylored Expressions Sketch CHallenge! :)

Gunn (Merete) said...

Great card with beautiful colors that give it an elegant style.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
Gunn :-D

Anonymous said...

So very soft and pretty! Love the butterflies!

Di said...

Lovely pretty cards, love the simplicity with the butterflies, classy!
Thanks for joining SFTW!
Hugs Di xxx

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

You can never go wrong with CAS or butterflies...great card! So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Sarah Anderson said...

beautiful butterflies Cassie, both these cards are yummy :)

Louise F NZ said...

These are just so sweet Cassie, love them both.

gale said...

These are so pretty-both of them. and congrats on winning that play date cafe challenge!!

Naomi said...

Oh, WOW! I don't know much about the feathering technique, but the coloring on the butterflies looks SO realistic, so you must have gotten it right! And I LOVE the green scalloped flower on the 2nd card!