Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Waltzing Mouse blog hop

I have only recently discovered this stamp company called Waltzing Mouse Stamps. The owner is a great (and fun) Irish gal (who yes, does live in Ireland - oh to be able to visit that country on day). Several of her stamps work with several of the different Nesties (one of the newest being the eggs). In honor of her hertitage, WMS is hosting a St. Patty's Day Customer Blog Hop.

I decided to go with a CAS kind of card for this image as I really wanted the image to be the focal point. I really like this digi image she created for those of us who haven't yet been able to get some of her stamp sets yet. I am still working on my copic coloring of greens, but I thought this turned out pretty good as a start. The saying came with the image and I printed it on my card base and then went over it with a nice green to make it stand out.


challenges used:
CAS - sketch
stamp challenges - cream/green
cute card thursday - celebration
dare U2 digi - no patterned paper (I made my own)
Color Create Challenge - mint, chocolate, white
crazy 4 challenges - masculine
Hope stamp Eternal - cupcake inspired
Esty inspired - be inspired from this site (I was inspired with these earrings)
Digital Tuesday - St. Patty's Day/green
Little Red Wagon - use copics
Bee Crafty - spring (St. Patty's day is one of the celebrations that kicks off spring for me)

Photobucket

50 comments:

Lynne Phelps said...

Your coloring is just beautiful, and I love the argyle embossed background! The twill tape is also the perfect touch for that image - just rustic enough!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Your coloring is wonderful! Love the shading on the shamrocks!

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Gorgeous card Cassie! The embossed background looks beautiful & you did an awesome job coloring all those shamrocks!

Bonnie said...

Thank you for being in our St. Patrick's Day blog hop and can I just say that this is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love your focal point - your colouring is awesome and I love the Cuttlebug backgrounder! Wonderful creation!

Rachel Hope said...

Oh my!!! So Pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Love the CAS look, and the kraft background behind sets things off beautifully. Wonderful card!

Unknown said...

Your colouring is excellent Cassie-Lu, beautiful shading and the card is a perfect layout for it, love the embossing!! Thank you for hopping with us!!!

Julia Aston said...

Your coloring on the shamrocks is lovely and the cuttled background looks wonderful on this! thanks for participating in the blog hop with us today!!

Mary I said...

I love your neuteral color scheme--it really lets the green pop. Beautiful job of coloring the shamrocks too!

Angela Mclean said...

A gorgeous gorgeous card... especially love your embossing which strongly contrasts with your delicate coloring.

Dolly Mixtures said...

Your card looks lovely. I had the same philosophy as you when making my card - Claire's image was so perfect I was loathe to do to much to distract from it. Enjoy St patricj's day and happy blog hopping. :) Angela (aka Dolly Mixtures)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Cassie, Your card turned out really nice! When you get to buy WMS stamps you're going to LOVE them, they are great quality acrylic stamps.

Laurie Marmon said...

Love the coloring...I think your greens turned out great. Very cool to have the textured brown, sets off the image nicely.

mycardz said...

Very pretty card! I love your coloring of the shamrocks. The embossed background really is so perfect! wow.

anya said...

Fantastic card. I love your coloring and the embossed background - beautiful!

Cammie said...

Your coloring is wonderful! I love the antiqued image and the argyle embossing.

Pauline said...

Lovely card, super colouring on the shamrocks, love the colours you have used, Pauline x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeouse creation!! Love the layout!!

B said...

Fabulous coloring!!! It looks so real with the shading! And the embossing is just the perfect accent to your card!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful coloring! I love the embossed background, too.

AKiteFlier said...

Beautiful - love the shading - nicely done - and yes the image IS your focal point! Nicely done.

Polly Pierce said...

Such lovely colouring and shading, it really makes the image pop!

Betty Benton said...

Lovely card! Love the embossed layer with the punched edge!

Kelly S. said...

That krafty embossed background looks fantastic with your beautifully colored bouquet...awesome!

Marge said...

Your coloring is just FANTASTIC to me. I'm definitely a beginner with my Copics. LOVE how you "aged" your BG of your image!!!

Kathryn B said...

Cassie this is gorgeous!!! I love your embossed brown paper with the border and your ribbon! Love these colors together they are so earthy!

Vicky said...

Fabby card, really liked the way you shaded the image to make it "POP". Colouring is great too.

Unknown said...

LOVE it! Adore the neutral colors with the TOTAL pop of green :). Gorgeous!

Heidi said...

THAT is an adorable St. Pats card, love how it could be used for other holidays/events as well.

Karli said...

I love that you kept it simple so that the beautiful image (& your flawless coloring) takes center stage. The twill is a perfect touch :) And wow! look at all those challenges to boot!

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Beautiful coloring! I love that image too! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

Kevin Renz said...

Love the card... great choice for texture too.

Barb said...

Your card is lovely and you've done a wonderful job with your coloring!

Nancy said...

Fabulous Card!!!

gale said...

Cute-goes perfect with the plaid.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Lovely job of coloring your shamrocks! The addition of the twill is just wonderful. Awesome job all the way around.

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, thanks so much for introducing me to this company! So pretty! I love how you colored those shamrocks! They look real!

Melanie said...

Girl this is georgous, I'm so sorry I have not been by to say "hi." I hope you are doing well and looking forward to our wonderful spring.

Louise F NZ said...

This is beautiful Cassie, I love the colours and the embossing looks great with the clover image

Liza said...

A gorgeous card and image. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card - love it all! :)

Dawn said...

what a beautiful image and the coloring is amazing... now off to check out these stamps!

Tlbran said...

Beautiful card! Great job coloring! I love the embossed background!

Naomi said...

Gorgeous! Love the embosses background! And true to how I am IRL, my eye was drawn immediately to the only 4-leaf clover in the image! This is great!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful card and thanks for mentioning the stamp company. You did a great job on the coloring too.

Christy said...

The embossed background just helps this card POP!

Kelli said...

Beautiful card! Congrats on making top 5 for the cupcake inspiration challenge!

Juanita said...

Beautiful card, love your coloring and the embossing. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

Bee said...

Lovely card, great use of green on the image and subtle ink effect surround. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

Anonymous said...

Beautifully colored image, gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April