
I guess I was a good girl this year as not only did Santa gift me a new cutter (and I love it as it is 6 inches before you even need the pull-out arm and several "normal" sizes are outlined for you), but I finally got the Scor-pal and mat. I've been eyeing this for a long time and now have my own to play with. Now I need to decided what to do with it first, lol. I also got Tim Holtz's fence and house die. I saw what he did with them during his 12 days of tags and just had to have it. Now to figure out how to use it with my Cuttlebug and then break it in.
Now, I really do love my crafty goodness that I got, and can't wait to break them in, but my FAVORITE gift I got this year is for my other hobby/love: reading. My MIL bought me a KINDLE and my DH got me the cutest pink case with a light for it. I have already downloaded three free books, finished one and have started another. My wishlist of books is getting longer, and I love how I can read a book at ease while not waking a little one as he naps by me (this happen the day after I got it). A has seen me read it and keeps asking where the pictures are and Z just looks at me funny when I tell him that I'm reading. I do still have a special place for "real" books and am sure I'll get them for not only my boys but for myself as well. In fact, my parents bought us a book titled "It's a Book" and DH and I laughed so hard after reading it.
On the flip side of my thoughts on the best gift this year, the rest of my family will argue that the best gift is our new 10 month old Lab mix. Her name is Bella and when A first saw her he kept asking who she belonged to. He couldn't believe that he really got a puppy that gets to go home with him. After it soaked in (in all of 5 min), he kept telling anyone and everyone that would listen that he "loves his puppy" and would hug her. Z was a little more skeptical at first as she's as big as he is and he was feeling so well, but he is now just as taken with her as A is. DH and I thinks she'll be a perfect fit with our family and are discovering the little "joys" of having a puppy (an already house-trained puppy) and what we will need to work on (such as the little ones discovering that she'll eat our of there hands if they think we aren't looking).
I hope everyone had a peaceful holiday and will be enjoying the new year to come.







2 comments:
Oh you lucky girl! I have had my eye on a scor-pal for ages and my cutter just broke! I think you got what was meant for me LOL.
wow you were good! That's a nice haul.
Post a Comment