Friday, December 10, 2010

YMH Holiday Blog Hop

Are ya'll ready for some fun? Your Memories Here is having a fun Homemade for the Holidays Blog Hop and if came for the YMH blog then your in the right place (otherwise start there so you don't miss anything). You'll want to make sure you comment on every blog at some point this weeknd for a chance to win some Hopping goodness. The prize includes:

AtSnow Fun kit from Pebbles
Set of Pebbles Chalks
Pebbles Chalk Eraser tool
Cuttlebug Embossing folder
Prima Glistening Vines
Prima Poinsettia
Prima Jenuine (I didn't spell that wrong, that's what they are called) Collection tissue/crochet flowers
Prima Say it in Studs and Pearls embellishments
Imaginsice Snowy Jo Stocking stamp set
Imaginsice Snowy Jo Happy Holiday stamp set
Imaginisce Snowy Jo Believe stamp set
Webster's Pages Petite Papers Waiting for Santa/ Sweet Season combo pad
Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze in Champagne

For my Handmade project, I created a little countdown set for my boys. I know we're suppose to make gifts, but I couldn't help but create this for them. I kept it simple as my boys are 4 and 1 and I know they'll be playing with it lots. I thought this would be a fun way for us to countdown the last 12 days before Christmas. Each envelope holds a notecard that uses some holidays stamps from YMH that I will write a little gift that we will do as a family or for someone else. The paper can be found here and of couse I had to use some TA Glimmer Mist to accent the envelopes. I wish I had a template to make my own envelopes as would this be even cuter if I did that. YMH has some great paper for this too.




Be sure to leave a comment so that you can be in the running for that great prize. After you do that you are on your way to Crystal's blog. If you get lost, then just pop back over to YMH's blog where the list of hoppers is.

Photobucket

47 comments:

Liset Villarino said...

thats awesome, thanks so much for sharing.
Hugs,
Liset

Cherylann's "Outta-My-Mind " said...

Boys are just going to love it.
Cherylann (prinkles)
prinkles@woh.rr.com

Jay Gee said...

What a fantastic idea Cassie! Love this little book and I am sure you and your boys will have fun using it.

Amy said...

What a great idea for wee ones! So cute, thanks for sharing!

B said...

What a awesome countdown set! Just fab!

Dina said...

Love it! The paper you used is fabulous! Dina

Unknown said...

What an adorable project. Your boys are going to love it! And, I think it certainly is a gift...one of your time and talent for your children. Thanks so much for sharing. I've followed you for a while and love stopping by to see your creations. http://karelj.blogspot.com

Elaine said...

Cassie,
this is a great idea and to write down the "special" thing that you will do as a family in each envelope will make such special holiday traditions.

ms Joyce said...

Cute idea .. don't know about the 1yr old .. but I bet the 4yr old enjoys being a big boy and "reading".

Lillian Child said...

What an adorable idea! I have a 2 year old grandson and will definitely be doing this for him next year .... thanks so much for the inspiration!

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

csparky61 said...

I certainly would consider what you did a gift. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Sandy Ang said...

Enjoying the hop! Thanks for the inspiraiton

CyndiU said...

Very cute idea. I'm sure your children will have a fun time.
cureta2 at yahoo dot com.

Jayne said...

What a cute project! I love it!

StampinCathy said...

Your countdown set is just adorable.

flowerdisco said...

your book is very well done and I love the papers you used.

jenni said...

Darling countdown, I am sure your boys will love it!
jpshirley@ymail.com

jenni said...

Darling countdown, I am sure your boys will love it!
jpshirley@ymail.com

jenni said...

Darling countdown, I am sure your boys will love it!
jpshirley@ymail.com

jenni said...

Darling countdown, I am sure your boys will love it!
jpshirley@ymail.com

jenni said...

Darling countdown, I am sure your boys will love it!
jpshirley@ymail.com

Karli said...

Great project & awesome way to use the stamps Cassie :) big hugs~

Simply AJ said...

Great idea to share with your boys. Making memories that they will remember forever! Thanks for sharing. AJ - aj_822@yahoo.com

Anna said...

So cute!!! They will love it.
annadowdy at gmail dot com

lisa808 said...

Fun project.

Gill said...

Thanks for the giveaway
I love blog hops as you find loads of great new blogs

Anonymous said...

How sweet. I am sure that your family will love this! Thank you for sharing!

stefeni said...

Beautiful. Your boys will love it.

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

Lori said...

What an awesome way to countdown to christmas and include your boys. Thanks for sharing.

country grammie said...

Very clever ideas TFS!

dfhenson@q.com

scrapaholicjen said...

Fabulous project! TFS!!
qtme2003 at yahoo dot ca

Marianne S. said...

Your countdown booklet set is very nice. No item can be a better gift than the memories you will have for years to come with this project. Thank you for the idea and sharing your project.

Marianne S.
sthquilter at gmail dot com
www.paperorfabric.blogspot.com

Scrappin_3rdeeschik said...

How darling of a project. TFS Cute Cute Cute
HUGS
Meighen
scrappin_3rdeeschik@yahoo.com

BlueCrayons said...

great idea. really love it. ty..

its like a handmade gift for someone else. it is for your boys , :O)

rhelm@tampabay.rr.com

Lydia said...

Cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

Totally Twisted Cards said...

So cute and createive. Love it and I'm sure your boys will to. TFS

stacy at mycraftingtime dot com

Anonymous said...

This is totally adorable! Love the idea! Thanks for sharing!
Contact info: just in case I get lucky enough to be a winner! Happy Holiday's! arebori0204@gmail.com

kathlee said...

What a cute project for the little ones! TFS!
Happy Holidays to you and yours!
kathlee154@gmail.com
http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.com

Susan said...

Your boys are very lucky to have a mom that will take the time to make something so special. It puts my store bought advent calendar with those tiny chocolates to shame!

Kelly Rae said...

Oh, Cassie, this is just adorable. Thanks for sharing! Kelly

Emily D. said...

this is such an awesome project! Love it!! Can't wait to see it fully completed!

Haidee said...

This is such a cute book, TFS.

new here & following.

created2bunique at ymail dot com

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Super cute project!

Me-Ma Kim said...

AWESOME Idea! TFS Have a GREAT DAY,
Me-Ma Kim

Lynn Mercurio said...

I think that it's wonderful that you have created this little book for your boys. I'm sure they will get lots of fun hours from it! It's a fantastic gift.

Debbie said...

Love your project Happy Holidays

Kathryn said...

This is so adorable for the children. What a great idea. I know that if it was mine they would be thrilled. TFS

I am also having a blog hop. If you have some time, hop on by.

Kathryn
www.wamfamily.blogspot.com
wamfamily at surewest dot net