For my card, I saw this amazing card at the Embellish blog and wanted to try it out myself as a CASE. I used some amazing Prima lace and half pearls that you can pick up at YMH. I used a wood embossing folder for the long kraft paper, but I only embossed the side that would be seen along the opening edge. Before I embossed it, I sponged the edges to give it some definition. I used a butterfly punch to punch out my kraft butterfly and layered on some vanilla c/s that had been stamped with music. You'll notice the butterfly layer is higher due to foam dots. I also added the half pearls in the corners for a little extra something. I also crumpled up the purple layer for some more added deminsion. This card is also for the Embellish Challenge for their color and music week as well as A Delightful Wast of Time color sketch challenge.


My second project is another one for A Delightful Wast of Time, but this time for the gift package challenge. I used some grade paper from YMH as well as more half pearls and the amazing yellow Prima flowers. I also coated the flower with some TA Chandelier Glitter Glam from YMH. I think it'll be a super cute little gift package for a little pick-me-up. What you can't see (because I forgot to take pictures) is that I did all four sides of the holder with the same gray and patterned paper. A quck and easy way to dress up a plain holder.










4 comments:
Love love the gorgeous gift bag with the houndstooth check, I have seen this pattern a couple of times in blogland the last week, I think it's going to be big! Love the musical butterfly, such a lovely idea.
This is such a great little package! That houndstooth is awesome, it's like a great suit :) Thank you so much for helping me celebrate my blog birthday, I SO appreciate it!
I love how you used the sketch, and that little butterfly with the tiny musical notes peeking out behind it is perfect! All the texture is awesome, and the lace along the top finishes it off beautifully :) Again, thank you so much for all your wonderful support!
So pretty, and that crochet trim is to die for! Thanks so much for joining us at Embellish!
Post a Comment