Thursday, March 3, 2011

Verve Hopping

I got some time tonight to create a quick birthday card and thought I would create it for the Verve Blog Hop that's going on right now. I used the large Whimsy tree as well as the smaller tree and clouds from the Up, Up, & Away set. The sentiment is from PTI's Little Bitty Birds. I stamped the images in Distress Inks (faded jeans, walnut stain, and peeled paint) onto watercolor paper. Once stamped I then took a small brush dipped in water and did my version of watercoloring. I also watercolored the two edge panels in the background. I am also using this card for the birthday challenge over at A Delightful Wast of Time. A quick and easy card I was able to pull off in under an hour.



Photobucket

28 comments:

Meredith MacRitchie said...

This is beautiful! It looks like a watercolour painting... I love the effect on the background, as well. This is so great, thank you so much for playing in my Birthday Challenge!

Tina said...

Your card is so pretty and you did awesome on the water coloring. Great job!

Joanne Gilch said...

the water colored panels are a nice touch...the trees are lovely!

Miss J said...

sweet birthday card...

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Lovely card, Cassie. Love the color combo. :)

Marsha said...

What a great card. Love those clouds popped up. Great take on the sketch.

Denisse said...

so cute! i totally love the arrangement of papers and colors :)

Crafty Math Chick said...

So soft and pretty Cassie! I love these whimsical little trees and that layout is fantastic. I love the color palette you chose for the card and the pretty DPs, the clouds are a nice touch too.

Heather said...

so cute! I love the cut out clouds and those curly trees.

Ravengirl said...

Very cute! What a fresh and fun card!

Basement Stamper said...

Those trees are so cute with that sentiment and I adore the colors!!

Marisa said...

Wonderful use of that set and the sketch. Love the clouds in the sky :) Get family hand picture too :)

Rhonda said...

Oh my gracious!! This is so pretty Cassie.

Sue D said...

Great card--I like your watercoloring and the clouds.

Debbie Carriere said...

Very pretty! Love the colors you chose! TFS :)

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, Cassie! Love the watercoloring.. such a lovely effect!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a beautiful spring scene! Love this happy card!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Soooo creative! I have those trees and never thought to create a scene like yours - thanks for the inspiration :>)

Karen Day said...

Really pretty, Cassie - it looks like a painting!

Vickie Z said...

Adorable. Love the watercoloring!!

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous, I love thos whimsical trees, and the spring colours are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I love this. Your watercoloring is vcery pretyt.

Anonymous said...

and I really did a bad job spelling on my last post....

Pam Speidel said...

Cassie, i agree with the others that this looks like a watercolor. You've created such a lovely card!

Tanya said...

So pretty. Love the watercoloring, and those little trees, aren't they just the sweetest? Beautiful Cassie!

ellepaulette said...

So lovely!!

Marianne C said...

You watercolour painting is lovely. Those blues and greens so pretty. Love the image you chose.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So lovely! The watercoloring adds such a breezy cheerful look to the card.