Tuesday, March 1, 2011

OLW Blog Hop

I am so excited that I get to join in the OLW blog hop this month. A bunch of us from the BPS OLW class have decided to have a little hop and it looks like it might just be the first of each month for the rest of the year. Our goal for the month of February was to find/take nine pictures to represent our word to us. I must admit that two of my pictures this month came from Flicker: the hand with the word written on it (I just thought it looked really neat as I am intrigued with henna art) and the flamingo because I was able to go to the zoo this month to take my own picture. I will be taking my own picture of a flamingo as it not only represents my word since they balance on one leg, but it represents my family as well. However, that will be for another post. The other pictures I did take as reminders of some of the things I want wanting to find balance with: me with my boys, my DH with our boys, getting out of debt (the screen shot of our balance as of the end of February), my faith and relationship with God (my bible and current devontional book), my job as seen with my ID and stack of papers to grade, one of my current projects in the craft room is getting my ribbon tamed, attempting to keep our house cleaner even though the picture is of a current mess that I have honestly been avoiding.


I have been feeling calm this month; although, I haven't been consentrating on my word like I would have liked. Can't wait to see what else it has instore for me.

1. Margie http://xnomads.typepad.com/
2. Monica Bradford http://scraplifters.blogspot.com/
3. Jill C http://jillconyers.typepad.com/
4. Miranda http://mirandasscrapsite.blogspot.com/
5. Lynn http://www.crafty-creativity.blogspot.com/
6. Stacey http://www.TheAcornGarden.com/blog
7. Lisa http://backtoallen.com/writers_blog
8. Cassie http://craftycassiescorner.blogspot.com/
9. Abbey http://athomewiththerichardsfamily.blogspot.com/
10. Nicky http://seejanebake.blogspot.com/
11. Holly http://lovingrobots.blogspot.com/
12. Karen T http://breathenowsmile.blogspot.com/
13. Claudia http://creative-moms.com/
14. Rebekah http://istampscrapcraft.blogspot.com/
15. Kimberly http://foreverdaisies.blogspot.com/
16. Kat http://www.katswonderings.blogspot.com/
17. Kristina http://ciqis.blogspot.com/
18. Jan http://mysimplelittlelife.typepad.com/
19. Nikki http://inkyart.com.au/
20. Amanda http://www.scrappnbee.blogspot.com/
21. Lisa http://luluoz.typepad.com/
22. Sam http://learncreatedo.wordpress.com/
23. Maureen http://cookingmylife.blogspot.com/
24. Kristi http://theprojectofme.wordpress.com/
25. Tere http://terecontodomicorazon.blogspot.com/
26. Karen http://womenontractors.blogspot.com/
27. Katrina http://k84mansramblings.blogspot.com/
28. Monica B http://questtoperfectimperfection.blogspot.com/
29. Mandy http://captureandcreate.wordpress.com/
30. Lisa http://makeyourownescape.blogspot.com/
31. Chrissy http://getcraftywithchrissy.blogspot.com/
32. Lee http://linarstudio.typepad.com/
33. Jen http://www.byjen.com/
34. Sylvia http://baxtersmom1.blogspot.com/
35. Christianne http://christiannemarra.blogspot.com/
36. Cheri http://cheriandrews.blogspot.com/
37. Joy http://www.undiscoveredjoy.blogspot.com/
38. Beth http://justbebeth.wordpress.com/
39. Jennifer L http://www.studiojenn.blogspot.com/
40. Kathryn http://www.katlodesigns.com/
41. Heather http://www.scrappyhare.blogspot.com/
42. Cindy http://seriousplay.typepad.com/

Photobucket

17 comments:

Rebekah said...

Wonderful job Cassie, great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Great photo choices. Enjoy your March!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the blog hop! This was a tougher assignment than I expected. Never thought to find pictures elsewhere.

MonicaB said...

Great job on your photos! I like the flamingo for balance...it fits well.

Donna said...

fun!! Flamingos are too cool!!!

Cheri said...

love the idea of borrowing photos from google... hope your word continues to inspire you!

Abbey said...

Great henna or art on the hand and good thoughts for the year to come!

Jen @ By Jen ❤️ said...

Balance is a great word. You put together some great pictures. I am fascinated by the word balance written on the hand as well. Happy blog hopping!

Scrappy Katrina Lee said...

I thought about taking a couple pictures from Flickr but didn't do it, I just might now (if you did I can too)since I only have 5 so far. Love the ones you've got and I hope your balance becomes what you want it to.

Jan B said...

It's obvious you're thinking lots about your word and translating that to how it affects your life. That's what it's all about! Blessings on the journey... :)

Anonymous said...

Great selection of photos to capture your word.

Heather Hare said...

I like your photo choices, especially the henna art (even if you didn't take it). Thanks for sharing! :)

Karen said...

Great pictures! The henna one is very eye catching!

Anonymous said...

Very thoughtful post. It sounds like you are really embracing your word. Thanks for joining the blog hop.

Anonymous said...

Great photos .. that henna art picture is amazing and so appropriate for your word.

mandyb said...

love that flamingo....cute!!! enjoy working on march's prompts now

nicky said...

Thanks for sharing you great photos. I love the idea of the flamingo and balance. Good luck in march.