Enough about my issues. I've got another CAS card today, and yes, it is patriotic. I used some small tags I've had for years for my sentiments and then cut strips of red dp and white c/s. I embossed the white c/s with a Cuttlebug star folder to give it some texture and add to the stars and stripes look. I also distressed the edges on the white c/s so that it could stand out along the white base. The strips of paper were put on the base using foam dots as this allowed for me to get the ribbon to go underneath them easier. I tried to get a look that was at least representative of our flag. I've also got some blog candy news from Melissa over at Creating from the Heart as she's got an amazing one going, so be sure to share some love.

Challenges used:
OWH: sketch
Sentimentals Sundays: Patriotic plus a sentiment
Stampin' Sisters in Christ: red, white, blue thank-you
Stamptacular Sunday: stars and stripes
Cupcake inspirations:








12 comments:
Gorgeous Patriotic card Cassie! Love the embossed background! Happy early Independence Day :)
Cassie what a pretty card! Love the embossing! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week and good luck!
Rene :D
great card. I love the embosed stars. and also the tags hanging from the bow.
Super, super card! Really like how you used two papers for the 4 strips and those tags off the ribbon really are too sweet!
Cassie, this is adorable! I love the CAS approach and popping up the strips was a great idea. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!
Fantastic Cassie. Love the patriotic theme with the stars. The dimension is fabulous.
This is a beautiful card! Great design and I love the embossed stars.
Thanks for sharing with this week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenges.
Jo xx
Oh I love your CAS card! Love the little tags and the star ef! Thanks for joining us at STampin Sisters in Christ!
"Simply" perfect! I really, really like this card! Thanks for joining us in the red, white, and blue challenge at Stampin Sisters in Christ!
Super cute card; love the embossed strips!
Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!
Hugs,
Michele
I got the flag idea right away, I think this card is wonderful. I wish I could make CAS this well. thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.
I was browsing sketches when I came across this card! I love it, Cassie! :)
Post a Comment