Sunday, October 7, 2012

World Making Card Day 2012

Yesterday I wasn't able to play along, but I found sometime today. School work is still taking over most of my time, so I had to do some work yesterday. As a reward for my hard work I did get to celebrate my 11 yr annv with my amazing DH. Actually, we celebrated Friday by going to a Love Worth Fighting Fo marriage conference. Last night we took our oldest to a Toby Mac Concert. It was so much fun getting to hear one of my favorite Christian artists sing songs that I love live. Opening for him were Jamie Grace and Christ August; both of which were equally amazing. A loved it so much that he "taught" his younger brother how to put on a Toby Mac concert this morning. While they did that, I decided to create a few cards. Up first is the Ellen Hutson and Lawnscaping challenge. It was an inspiration challenge. Here is the picture:

My take on it was to focus on the wood and texture I saw in the pictures. I embossed my card base with a woodgrain impression plate, but first I lightly coated the plate with a light tan color to highlight the grain and then sponged with edges with Antique Linen and Old Paper distress inks. To add more texture I wraped some twine around the top. For my little scene I used LawnFawn's Say Cheese for the amazing picture frame, Say Cheese 2 for the sentiment (love how the sentiment works well for cooler weather), and the picture itself was created with Critters in the Forest. I sponged the background of the picture and then used a PTI cloud stamp in Vintage Cream to complete the sky. Nothing too fancy, but I love it none the less.


Photobucket

No comments: