Friday, September 28, 2012
A Rustic Christmas
So I got a chance to craft this week. It took me a couple of days to put this together but I am glad I did. I really miss my crafts. To help me get back into a crafting mood I decided to check out this month's Chrsitmas card challenge from the WMS forum. It was a countdown challenge. As in 3 different WMS stamp sets, 2 embellies, and 1 circle. This one was a challenge too. I wasn't able to wrap my brain around it at first. I had it in my mind that I wanted to go rustic but wasn't sure how to pull it off with the challenge at first. I think the hardest part was the circle. Since I am not all that great coming up with sketch on my own I decided to go through the WMS Sketch challenges to find one. My three WMS sets are Festive Foliage, Musical Background, and Complements of the Season. My two embellies is the twine I wraped around the stem of the misletoe I had stamped and cut out to make the little bow and the three blinged berries that I colored with my copics. My one circle was used to hold my sentiment. I really love how the whole card is in shades of browns so that the sentiment and misletoe can shine. I even found a couple of other challenges for my card making event, lol: Charisma Cardz - Something for the Guys (I like to think rustic is very boyish, esp since I have two that will be going camping soon), CCEE - Make your own pattern paper, and Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
This is beautiful! You pulled off "rustic" absolutely perfectly! And love that twine wrapped around the holly. :) Thanks for joining us in the 'Anything Goes!' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo
Simple and clean card as I like. Wonderful colours. Beautiful layout. Bravo ! It's very successful !
Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and good luck !
Hugs from France.
Catherine.
This is beautiful, I love the vintage feel of it.
Fabulous card. Love the design and colours. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x
Love the rustic feel...you are so right! Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along this week at Charisma....hope to see you next time too!
Joyce xx
I love the soft rustic look to this. Thank you for playing along with the CCEE Stampers DIY DP challenge.
Post a Comment