Saturday, July 26, 2008

An Unexpected buy

We had an unexpected buy today. Drew's car has seen it's last day and we thought it would just be easier if we bought a new one. This has been a long time coming (like two years), but we always would come up with an excuse to put it off. We just couldn't do it any more, and so here we are with a Saturn Outlook. It fits Drew very well (and still allows others to ride in the car with him). It's just the money thing that bugs us. Just when you think you start getting things undercontrol something big happens. Oh well. We will do what we always do and that is to continue to pray that the Lord watches over us and gets us through each day.


I have been able to catch up on my 52-week journal though. I am doing the entire journal with what is know as digi-scrap - scrapbooking with the computer. I am currently using Photoshop Elements 5 for this. I find it just as enjoyable as using my paper. I like that I can control my mess to just my computer too. One thing I am wanting to try playing some more with is hybrid scrapping. This is where you scrap somethings from the computer (like the paper and pictures on your page), print the half-done page, then use any scrapbooking elements you have. The first one is from week 21, and the quote is "Open your heart - open it wide; someone is standing outside." - Mary Engelbreit; artist, entrepreneur. The statement is so true in that if you will allow someone inside your life (either for a lifetime or a short while) they could change you in ways you never imagined. I know that Drew has done that for me and then when we had Austin my life has changed again. Life is meant to be shared





This second one is from week 23. I really had thought I would use only one and turn it into a black and white picture at that. However, after looking at the three pictures I decided that I wanted to use the all. This is the result.




This last one is the most current as we are in week 29. The quote was "A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams." - annon. My home is with my husband and son. The love we have for eachother amazes me. The Lord has blessed me with them and I am very thankful. We also have several dreams for our lives. Some are pratical and others are just plain fun.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cassie, I love your scrapbook pages! They are simple but convey the message. You have chosen some very meaningful quotes.

Lynn Put said...

These are fabulous scrapbook pages!!! I've wanted to try out the digi scrapbooking, but am not computer savvy. I love the last page especially because of the saying you used. I hand panted a small door in our house with a tree, a house and this saying and that is were I used to measure and mark the height and date of my children!

Lisa_in_AR said...

Great pages! I love your layout and quote on the first page!

Jennipher said...

Glad you finally joined the blogging world Cassie. I love those pages you created.