Today we finally put up our wedding quilt. My mom came over to help as it takes three people. It took us the longest time just finding wall space for it before today. After several attempts, the quilt is now up. For those that don't know the story behind this quilt let me explain. The quilt is my wedding gown. When we got married almost seven years ago, I didn't want to have my gown put into a box and never see the light of day again, so I found a wonderful lady who turns wedding gowns into quilts. She kept the design simply like my gown was and even let me pick the patten that went into the center. Drew and I choose the celtic heart. We love this quilt and are really happy to have it out and up where others can see it when they visit. The top part of my gown was then transformed into a top that I wear to the theater. Until next time...











7 comments:
What a beautiful way to cherish your wedding! Your blog looks great!
Welcome!!! Love the idea of your wedding dress in a quilt!!!
Your quilt is beautiful and I think it's great what you did with your dress. I am also happy for you that you are displaying it.
Your quilt is beautiful - what a great idea!
beautiful!!! T hat's such a neat idea!
I love it! That is such a super great idea! Love your blog and all your creations! :-)
Post a Comment