Friday, January 2, 2009

My 2009 Word


"GROW" Once a tiny Tad-pole, but now a little Frog and yet still one of the most bravest creatures of the forest... simply because you were not a afraid to grow! (This came from a friend on SCS)


I've got three challenges and many classes/projects I am committed to complete this year. I know that for many (myself included) that may seem overwhelming, but it is something I am wanting to try. The good thing is they seem to be going hand-in-hand right now. Sometime this weekend I will post the layouts and pictures that I am hoping to have done for the start of them.


The Challenges:


One of the challenges I am doing is something I started last year and am just continuing it for the new year. It is a 'Word for a Year'. I am wanting to create a l/o for my ‘word for a year’ using the word, my definition for it, and a picture to represent it. Each month create a journal page explaining how I lived my word for the month. At the end of the year create a year-end page summing it all up. I can add pictures if I like, but don’t ‘have’ to. This can go into my Attribute Book (it's an 8.5x5.5 album) and I can add to it every year.The idea is to pick one word to focus on throughout the year. My 2009 Word is "Grow". I want to grow into a more Godly wife and mother and grow in my creative abilities. Growth also means over time, not instent, which is something I really need to work on as well. You can learn more about this challenge here.


365 Photos Challenge: Create a page a week with the 7 photos and picking one photo to highlight on the facing page with journaling etc. I think I am going to put it all on my blog where I can control all of the content so my family and friends can look at the photos and pages. Still not sure about the l/o size. Maybe 12x12 just so I can have the space for everything. I realize I am two days behind, but I do have the picture (just not off the camera yet). There are many sites that are doing this. Here is one: Project 365


SCS 52 Week Challenge: I'm still working on this one. Right now I'm thinking they can go into the family album. This may change depending on what each challenge will be. Here is the link to this challenge (and I host part of this one). you will need to scroll down to the 4th post.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Cute photo and the challenges sound fun too. I really like the idea of the one little word challenge and I may check that one out!

Kirstin said...

Wow, Cassie, how do you find time to do so much? You're my hero. I've saved so many of your ideas for later...keep 'em coming.

(And I would have bee having a heart attack "destroying" a book as well.)