Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out. It is ok for an English teacher to really alter a book. Breathe in. Breathe out. Just keep the eye on the results. Breathe in. You're just turning it into a different kind of book. Breathe out. Everything will be ok.
Tape! I need tape! The spine has been sliced too! I must hurry if I am going to save it! Oh what have I done? What will my fellow English teachers and book loves say?
Ok, I feel better now, but it really was traumatic for me to begin this project. However, the true crafter in me did get a few pictures of the aftermath. I am attempting to alter this book for yet another challenge. I'll keep you posted on how the victim fairs.
I found the direction to this altering project here. I knew I wanted to do, but I wasn't sure what I would use it for. I went to Half-Price for their bargain books and found three $1 hardbacks to play with. When all is done I will post pictures and let you know what I will be using it for.
For now, I will leave you with the day 5 pictures for my 365 day challenge.

One of the innocent books I bought that didn't know it's life as it knew it was over.

The aftermath. Can this book be saved? Will it ever be the same? Stay tuned...







4 comments:
I love how the weapon of destruction is STICKING OUT OF THE pages! too funny!!!
I'm sitting on the edge of my seat! I hope the book will be okay!
Seriously, it looks like a neat project and I can't wait to see it finished!
I can't wait for the results. From the looks of your beautiful books you made in the pictures the other day, I think this book will be happy to altered by you.
Great picture....the book does look sad and desolate!
Great shot! Can't wait to see the completed project.
Post a Comment