Saturday, April 24, 2010

Life needs rainbows

A quick card for ya'll. I finally got this awesome stamp set called You're Dandy from Practicing Creativity and just had to use the rays. I've seen so many cards using them and thought I would give it a try as a no layer card. I masked the center of the stamped image with an oval I cut with a nestie and then created a home-made rub-on for the quote. The rays were inked up with the rock-n-roll technique (love how no two cards will be the same with this). Overall I'm pleased, but I do feel like something is missing...maybe in the bottom right corner.


I am glad that I got to create something though. Life has been hetic but is calming down now. Thank you for all the prayers. My craftroom is a disater area because we are getting ready for a garage sale in the next couple of months. That makes is kinda hard to create. I've also been thinking about moving everything down to the office area so I can be with DH more. It'll free up the room for a guest room or maybe future baby room. I also am trying to wrap up the end of the school year. One good thing is the choice about putting off college. I've got my mind going in so many different directions that it's been hard to think through anything. There might be some time between my posts but my goal is to do one a week.

Challenges used:
My Time To Craft - quick quotes
Clean & Simple - sketch
Stampin' for the Weekend - inspiration from a favorite book (The Wizard of Oz - the rainbow and the quote just reminds me of the lesson on living from the book)


Photobucket

14 comments:

gale said...

That looks so cool!! Love the quote-so true.

paige said...

The sentiment is so true, isn't it? good luck as you wind up the school year. I go until June 7 and then our school board voted to start school earlier mid-August for next year, so it will be short, quick summer - sigh!

Mary G. said...

Simple maybe, but stunning!!! You did a great job with the rock & roll technique!!!

Gunn (Merete) said...

This is truly great. Love the sentiment and the layout- just so fab
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
*Gunn*

Sara said...

Awesome Card Cassie!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely card- I love the sentiment and the home made rub on....what a neat idea! Oh I am reading your post....I have recently moved my craft room.....it is noce to reorganize and am enjoying my new space. I still need to revise parts of my 'space' so best of luck if you decide to move downstairs!

Louise F NZ said...

Great card, love the quote.

The Mama Monkey said...

This is so pretty and I love how you masked the area for the sentiment! Now, how did you make a home-made rub on? Spill it! :)

Daniele said...

what a great card thanks for sharing it with us at MTTC hugs x

Naomi said...

So clean! I love this! I am wondering how to make home made rub-ons. That sounds incredible. I must do a search!

Kimmi said...

Beautiful. Love the Rainbow effect! The quote is fab!

Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend. Good Luck.

Nancy said...

So beautiful, Cassie:O) Love it!
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Anonymous said...

what a fabulous card.. Love love the sentiment

Mummylade said...

what a clever take on our challenge. So glad you joined the SFTW challenge this time and good luck.