Welcome to the Anni-VERVE-sary Blog Hop! Verve turns three today and we’re celebrating with a hop, hop, hop! If you've already been hopping along, you arrived here from Lisabee's blog. If not, head on over to Julee's Blog (owner of Verve), for all the info on how to win prizes (after all, what's a party without presents?), and to start hopping from the beginning. If there's a hiccup along the hop, you can always head to the Master Hop List to get the full list of links.
For my project I used Verve's Up, Up, and Away. I love hotair balloons (in fact, taking a hot air balloon ride is on my gotta try list) and thought this would be a great set to play with. I even made a matching gift basket for it. I seen several project in blog land where the balloons are layered over each other and I wanted to give it a try. Most focused on the balloons in the air, but I just had to be a little different: what if they were floating over a skyline (stamp from stampabilities). I also decided to add some sunbeams (stamp from Practicing Creativity). I used the same sunbeams for the matching gift bag. To punch up the balloons some I added glitter to the big one and then covered the white one with a mix of glitter and CE (crystal effects/glossy accents). Then the ones on the card were covered and I spattered a mix of yellow markers.


Thanks for hopping by! Now it's time to hop on over to Sara’s blog, for a little more Verve-y goodness.
For my project I used Verve's Up, Up, and Away. I love hotair balloons (in fact, taking a hot air balloon ride is on my gotta try list) and thought this would be a great set to play with. I even made a matching gift basket for it. I seen several project in blog land where the balloons are layered over each other and I wanted to give it a try. Most focused on the balloons in the air, but I just had to be a little different: what if they were floating over a skyline (stamp from stampabilities). I also decided to add some sunbeams (stamp from Practicing Creativity). I used the same sunbeams for the matching gift bag. To punch up the balloons some I added glitter to the big one and then covered the white one with a mix of glitter and CE (crystal effects/glossy accents). Then the ones on the card were covered and I spattered a mix of yellow markers.


Thanks for hopping by! Now it's time to hop on over to Sara’s blog, for a little more Verve-y goodness.
Challenges:









89 comments:
Cassie, this card is a whimsical delight!
Best wishes.
Chanticlear1@gmail.com
Love these hot air ballons, and you did a great job on them!
Such wonderful projects! Love the yellow and blue with the black and white. Very striking!
What a fun card and gift bag! Such fun colors!
Love the balloons flying over the skyline! :)
So cute, Cassie! I love your modern city scene!
very fun gift set!
Love your bling and balloons! Nice!
What a cute set! very lovely! TFS!
Cassie, this is wonderful! Fabulous cityscape and design! Awesome ensemble!
This is so adorable. I love the way you paper pieced the balloons. Great project!
Very cool card - love the color combo!
Wow- this card is spectacular!!
what a bright pretty card!! Love it!
Seeing you fab card makes me want to dig for my glitter and play with them... tfs! :D
now this is fun. Love the way you have the balloons popped up and taking off.
Absolutely gorgeous!
Fabulous card and basket!! LOVE the balloons floating over the city!!
I love the dp! It is perfdect with the balloons!
Love the city-scape border. The color and whimsical nature of the card is awesome.
How fun is this?? I love it!
this is a sweet card, super duper fun scene.....have a fantastic week girl!
enjoy *~*
Fun use of the balloons with the cityscape! Great card.
The balloons are great paired with the rays, and a fabulous color choice all around.
Oh so cute and I love the glittery touch!
Oooooo...VERY beautiful balloons!!!! LOVE the colors!!!!
Cute cards!!!
Love this bright, cheerful set!! Wonderful work!
These are so fun and happy! Up, Up, and Away is my absolute favorite set of all time. I had to restrain myself from using it for the hop because I tend to use it all the time too! Thanks for the ideas, I love all that yellow and that is usually the one color I stay away from :>)
Love this card and gift bag! They are so neat! :)
Oh this is so bright and fun! Love this!
Now this is truly FABULOUS!!! I just love the city scape and the awesome rays! Great design:)
love the glittery, spark--lee, whimisical creation you have here!!
I agree....what a totally FUN card!! Love that city scape with the balloons.
This is stinking fun and shimmery.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Love the use of the balloons over a city skyline!
So lovely!! Beautiful inspiration!! :)
So cute! Your colors are bright and cheery.
Gorgeous! I love this set, great city scene. Such a fun set!
These are such happy cards!!!
So cute! I haven't used my Up Up and Away stamps very much, yet, but have found some wonderful inspiration in the hop! Thanks!
Sooo super fun! TFS!!
Hugs
Nikki
Simple.scrappin@yahoo.com
How cute! I love the balloons floating over the city. Great use of these colors, and the sparkles are a fabulous addition!
I really like those hot air balloons I just have to have that set. nicely shown beautiful card.
Oh, this is just fabulous! Love these happy colors and the fun sparkly balloons! Thanks so much for celebrating with us!
Love all the details!
Wow, I really like this! You always knock it out of the park! These Hot Air Balloons are awesome!
Love the sparkle on the balloons!
What a fun project. Love those colors
I love those hot air ballons! Great colorful card. This set is on my wish list....TFS!
This is awesome!! I love the bold city scape!!! Great job!!!
OMGosh! So cute!
What a fun card! I am in love with your sunbeams! And...they are the perfect backdrop for your balloons!
Great card! This is so cheerful and fun!
Great city scape card creation!
I love the soft, whimsical feel of your card and project. The future recipient is going to LOVE them!
Very fun - love the way you did the balloons!
Love the balloons over the skyline! Great card!
so fabulous!!! Love how you used all the hot air balloons and that nightline stamp is wonderful...you are enabling me!!
(up up and away). great card.love the eye candy on the balloons,the gift bag is soo sweet.
What a super project!! You did such a great job with it
Nice job!
Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com
Amazing. I love the balloons.
Cute, I love the sunbeams!
Wendy K.
www.MyScrapbookingBlog.com
Another wonderful baloon idea...all these cards are so different and wonderful!
This is awesome! Love the balloons over the cityscape!
this is such a cool card, love the city skyline the colors and the sparkle. FABULOUS card!!
What a fun card
Sharon L
BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE the shine!!!
I love the hot air balloons! Great job with them!
Love the effect of the sunbeams on the card.
Cassie, super whimsical card! I love the little basket too....and I must say, I love love love hot air balloons too, and hope one day to get to ride! ;-)
EEK! SO darn CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! Love the balloons in the circle!
Your creations are lovely!
What a beautiful card! Great take on the color challenge. I really love all the little details, like the glitter! Great job!
What a fantastic card and bag set! I love the balloons you created and all the other little touches.
Love how you have used this set.
Totally fabulous set!! The sunbeams stamp is such a perfect background!
What a really great gift set! Love the balloons over the skyline.
Those are fabulous!!!!!! I love the city scape and the sparkly balloons are so cool!
How fun! Cute bag, love the glitter!
This is a fun set... love the skyline!
Thank you so much for sharing!!!
~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
Wow Cassie, this is fabulous!!!! I love that background! Thanks for playing and good luck!!!
How fun!!!! Good luck with the wee one on it's way. today is the fourth and ???????
the card and little gift bag are so adorable and very creative.
What a great job. Love them.
Oh, I love these! A hot air balloon trip is on my "gotta try" list, too!
So very cool! I LOVE the sunbeams with the city scape and topping it off with the hot air balloons! Just fantastic!
I love the balloons over the city skyline--very lovely and the glimmer really makes them sparkle!
Very cute card and bag!
Post a Comment