We have a birthday party tomorrow and I had to create a quick card. I used WMS's Half Pint Heros for both the image and sentiment. I colored the car in red because what little boy (or big for that matter) doesn't like a flashy red sports card. Then to raise it a notch I went over the car in a red glitter pen. The red was also inspired by
this piece at Etsy. I really liked how the red popped off the screen at me and wanted to achieve the same thing here. The bakcground was created by sponging Weather Wood and Broken China distress ink over white cardstock and then flicking water over it for the worn effect. The banner was punced out by using a PTI banner die. I wish I had do the little street dashes leading up to the sentiment but the black was too stark and I don't have a grey or blue pen/marker so blank it is.

Sorry for the bad photo as I had already tied it to the gift before I remembered I still needed to take a picture.
Challenges used:
Lily Pad: sketch
Allsorts Challenge: birthday
Craft Catz: anything goes
Etsy challenge: be inspired from this store (my inspiration)

13 comments:
Hi Cassie, Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us this week at CraftyCatz.xx
Love the red glitter car... it must be super fast :) You did a great job of the background too.
lovely card, love the banner birthday bit, thanks for playing along with CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol
Saw your card on Lily Pad and just wanted to say that it's SUPER CUTE!!!
Hi Cassie
A fabulous card,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx
I love the red car. Very cute and I'm sure the little boy that got it loved it.
This one made me smile. Super adorable little car. Thanks for joining us over at Etsy Inspired. :)
Hi Cassie, I love that little red sports car - the sparkly pen is the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz. Hugs, Dawn
Such a cute little card! Thanks for playing along with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!
Aw.. this card makes me smile!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!
A really happy card! I'm sure it brought a smile to the recipient. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards!
What a cutie-pie card!! I can see using it for any boy, no matter how "grown-up" he might be. Thanks for playing along with us at the EtsyInspired challenge!
good job on the card!!
Post a Comment