Tuesday, May 24, 2011

WMS Christmas time

I know it's only May, but my goal is going to be to post 5 Christmas cards before the month ends. WMS is hosting a Christmas card challenge each month (since January) in their forums and I am just now getting a chance to play along. For the Janurary challenge we were to create a card using something from an old Christmas card or tag. Well, with it being May I no longer have any of those so I did the next best thing: I found some old wrapping paper I used last season. I created a little present for my card with it of course. The sentiment came from WMS's Seasons of Love and I kept the colors simple: red and white. The white background is embossed with a snowflake cuttlebug folder after I sprayed with cardstock with Perfect Pearls Mist in perfect pearls. I used string for the "ribbon" on the present and then some more that I sprayed red to go over the whole card. I also added a little bling on the sentiment circle to give it a little something extra. A simple card, but one that I think packs a punch.




Challenges used:
WMS Jan CCC
Mojo Monday
: sketch
Lollipop Crafts: bling it
My Partner in Crafting Crime: use twine, jute, or string

Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love the simplicity of this card. It's just lovely. Thanks for joining our bling challenge at Lollipop Crafts this week.
Tammy

Olena said...

So cute card! Great job! Olena

Robin said...

Thanks so much for playing in My Partner in Crafting Crime's twine, jute or string challenge! Robin

kris said...

Head start on Christmas! Love it! Thank you for joining us at Lollipop Crafts!