Friday, June 7, 2013

Nutty For You


School is over for the summer. Or at least a week before I go back for 2 weeks of a state test review mini-course. Since today was my first day of summer, and only just over a week from Father's Day, I decided to work on a card for DH. I pulled out my Paper Smooches stamps for this card. I found a sketch as a jump start and it really just went from there. The stamp sets I used were Falling For You and Leafy Greens.



I stamped the acorn 4 times on kraft cardstock so that I could color and layer. The first layer and the stem was sponged with Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy. The second layer was sponged with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain. Love how the sponging allowed me to have a little highlight.  I sponged Crushed Olive and Peeled Paint over the leaves. The bottom layer was glued flat on top, but for the top layer I formed the leaves and glue just enough to secure the leaves but still let them be bent and have depth. Now, the sketch had banners along the bottom of the center image. Since my image was an acorn, I figured the banners should be replaced with some tree leaves. I used three different leaves from the Leafy Green set and used the same colors for them as I did for the acorn leaves. The vanilla base was sponged in shades of brown and then embossed with PTI's Linen plate. The twine was a the perfect rustic touch.

Some challenges I am putting this in:
Paper Smooches Be Our Guest
Crafty Creations Challenges - for the boys
Simon Says Stamp - Masculine/Father's Day
Freshly Made Sketches - sketch
 
Photobucket

7 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

How cute are the leaf accents!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a great card - LOVE it!

Jen Mitchell said...

Simple and elegant and I'm sure your husband will love it. I love the earthy colors you've chosen! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Skeches!

Jen Carter said...

This is so adorable! Love your take on the sketch with the leaves!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is adorable! What a fabulous sentiment and matching acorn! Love the addition of the leaves for banners! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jo Nevill said...

What a great card ! Love that acorn !

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week

Hugs

Jo x

Kelly S. said...

Oh this is so CUTE, Cassie! I love the leaves underneath, so creative!