I loved the navy color with the small flamingo pattern. I knew the size of the bike would work perfectly with this design. The pattern also wasn't so busy that it took away from the CAS feel. To give the card a little more umph, I cut the c/s for the pattern slightly smaller that the card base. Then I found the center of the paper and stamped the first bike. After that first one I just eye-balled the others. They were first stamped in versamark and then heat embossed with white powder and the lightly sponged the edges with white ink. To keep with the CAS of the card I cut a wide white strip of c/s and created a sentiment from WMS's free Spirit Sentiments. Since this card is all about the movement of learning to ride a bike, I stamped the image once and then again just off set a little to make the sentiment look like it was moving. It still needed a little something so I added the navy stripes along the top and bottom of the sentiment strip. One it was attached to the pattern paper I created, I used a 1/4" rounder on the corners. Love how quickly this card came together for me.








2 comments:
I love the repetition here! The white inking makes your layer pop. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!
Cassie, I love the white embossed bikes as your background...perfect take on your inspiration piece! Thanks for playing along at CASology!
Post a Comment