Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Fabby Cupcakes

I had lots of fun with this card. I used WMS's sketch for this card as well as their Frame It stamp set (and a Hero Arts dots BG). I stamped the base BG with the dotty background and then sponged with Antique Linen and Old Paper distress ink. I then stamped the cute cupcake from the set in Old Paper DI on watercolor paper and then colored it in with a watercolor brush and sponged the edges with Old Paper, Antique Linen, and Vintage Photo. For the main image I stamped the sentiment in the lower corner and drew the lined border around it. For the cupcakes I stamped them onto watercolor paper and painted them in. After glueing them two in the background down I popped the third up in the middle with pop dots. So the pink in the icing didn't stand out too much I color a few rhinstones with my copic and dyed some ribbon to match.


Other challenges used:
Cucake Craft Challenge - The colors for the card was inspired from the light pink icing and the cream vase
Tuseday Throwdown - something sweet

I had so much fun with this sketch that I ended up creating another card that I will show tomorrow.

Photobucket

21 comments:

suezie said...

Cassie your card is ADORABLE! I love it. It makes me want to go grab this set and play :-) Beautiful subtle colurs too and my favourite take on the sketch so far. Hugs

Faye said...

Those cupcakes look delish. And I love the fainter cupcakes stamped behind. Brilliant. Thanks so much for joining our birthday challenge this week at Cupcake. Good Luck. x

Kate said...

Gorgeous card - love the cupcakes. They really are fabby !

marion said...

Owwww cupcakes !! Things cann't come better than this.What a lovely colour and such a gorgeous card with an adorable image. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Crafts this week. Hugs, Marion (GDT)

Vickie Z said...

This is wonderful!!! Love those cupcakes framed with the "fabby" sentiment!!!

Jeanne J. said...

Cassie, WHat a fun card! The cupcakes look fab and the ribbon reminds me of streamers - looks like a party to me!

crafty-stamper said...

What a beautiful simple but elegant card love the pink icing and bow thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdwn
carol x

Cumbrianlass said...

A beautiful card, the image is wonderful and matches the challenge so well, I love the ribbons
Thank you for joining in the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge and good luck
Janet

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Oh WOW!!! This is soooo super sweet and pretty! WONDERFUL take on the sketch! -Thanks so much for playing with us at WMSC, hugs, Karin

catherine said...

This is a fabulous card and love the techniques you have used especially the distress inking. The cupcakes look brilliant and fit so well for the Cupcake birthday week. Thanks so much for joining in and good luck
x catherine(Cupcake GDT)

Cathy said...

Wow what a beautiful card. I love the pastels and those cupcakes look yummy....Thanks for joining the Cupcake Birthday Challenge. Good Luck....Cathy

-Aneta- said...

Cassie ..I love this stamp set aspeccialy when you coloured it in pink :) Nice idea of useing 3 together :)

Jean Martin said...

Cassie this is adorable!!!! Love it! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

Sharron said...

What an adorable card! Love all the pink and your pretty ribbon treatment!

Renee said...

Cassie this is absolutely adorable!!
I can see why you had so much fun with it...
those cuppies are fabulous!! :)
Love it!!
So glad you were able to play with us this week at WMSC!:)

Beverly said...

Lovely Card Cassie!

Love the vintage feel with the pink. I also love the center cupcake popping out...thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Kim Duran said...

Just one word for this card....EVERYTHING. As in, I love everything about this card. The soft pastel colors, the cupcake trios, the ribbon. A favorite of mine for sure! Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!

Teresa Kline said...

luv this.....hope you have a great weekend!

enjoy *~*

Anonymous said...

Mmm. a gorgeous card, love the soft colours...thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Mmm. a gorgeous card, love the soft colours...thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft!
Helen x

suezie said...

Congrats Cassie - your card was my favourite so I was thrilled to it make top 3 :-)