Friday, August 17, 2012

WMS Birthday Blog Hop

It's that time of the month when WMS does their Blog Hopping Party. This month's theme is birthday and since I had WMS's Frame It set out I decided to use it for the party. The sketch is from Mojo Monday  and I was inspired for the colors from the Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge this week. I really do like yellow with grey. One thing I learned while working on this card is that I shouldn't create when I am tired (that and check to make sure my glitter pens work).


Photobucket

20 comments:

suezie said...

Cassie your card is so darn cute! Real simple & nice clean lines and I am sooo gonna borrow this idea if that's ok.

Cori Kozak said...

This is super cute! I love the mix of patterned paper and the little bit of glitter! Thanks for joining us this month at Stampin' Celebration!! :)

Joyce said...

Such a very fun birthday card. Everyone loves cupcakes, right?

Renee said...

Cassie this is fabulous!!
I love the colors...
I have recently discovered that I actually like both yellow and grey...
so lovin' them!
And that cuppie looks like it could be a lemon flavored goody...
a personal fave!! :)

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Cassie! What a yummy looking cupcake - love that bit of shading under it and the beautiful colors you used! That glittery strip is just enough bling to make it extra special!

Rochelle said...

Fun layout and cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Stampin' Celebration site this month!!

Peanut said...

How delightfully delish! That cupcake is making me hungry. Love the colour combo.

Lori said...

Pretty! Love the yellow and gray color combination and the glitter, too.

Maureen said...

So pretty! Love the creative way you used the frame!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful layout and I love the lone cupcake. I really like the buttery colors too.

Jill Norwood said...

Your card is lovely! I like the color combo - yellow is always so happy which is perfect for birthdays! I pulled this set out too but ended up going a different direction in the end! It is still one of my favorites!

Julia Aston said...

You certainly can't go wrong with a cupcake for a birthday card Cassie! love the dotted paper and the nicely colored cupcake!

B said...

Oh so lovely! Love the bit of glitter on top! Super fun!

Kim Heggins said...

What a sweet and adorable birthday card...I love all of the yellow and cupcake looks so yummy!

Ren-Yi said...

Oh yum! i'm totally in a polka dot phase! However you got that translucent glitter strip across - that's brilliant. you'll have to share what the secret is... but this is fun & cheery. i'd come to this party any day ;)

Helen L said...

I love the colors too!! What a perfect layout: such a pretty card!! I like the extra little bit of glitter: I'll bet that card just sparkles IRL :-)

Nerina said...

Oh this is LOVELY! Your patterned paper mix is beautiful, I love the way you've created the focal banner, and the glitter strip says HAPPY even before I started to read!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

What a great card--love the cupcake, banner and of course the glitter!

Chris L.

Erin Gonzales said...

There's nothing better than a cupcake, except when it is in my FAV color scheme!! You did an awesome job on your project, thanks so much for playing with SC this week!

Unknown said...

Cute! I love the layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Celebration!