Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Flutterby



Here is another card I submitted to the Flutterby Challenge DT call. Sticking with my latest CAS style I used CPS's current sketch challenge. I was also inspired by the CAS-ual Friday's things you see in the sky (the butterfly) and CASology's pond challenge. With the cue word being pond I instently thought of blues and greens and flowers I always see growing along the edge. Butterflies and dragonflies are alway flitting about a pond too so I used one. I used PTI's Flutterby set to create my littel framed scene. The stamp frame chipboard is from Tattered Angles and was misted with a light blue and a light green glimmer mist after I sponged on some ink to simulate the sky and ground. The sweet little butterfly was stamped and colored on watercolor paper. Just for fun, I thought this would be great for the Papertake Weekly Challenge's anything goes.


Photobucket

16 comments:

Melissa said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the textured BG and the framed scene! So happy and I'm glad you thought of a butterfly for "pond!" Those are always present, aren't they?! :) Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Cynthia said...

That is SO cute! Love the frame--putting the sky/water ink on it was perfect.

Lisa Lara said...

So gorgeous Cassie. I love this. Love the bg, love the frame and scene and especially love how you put that bfly on your strip of white.

Lynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love the sweet little scene you created. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cassie your card is beautiful. I have never seen a picture with that impression plate show us so well. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Anonymous said...

What a great card. Love the use of colour.

Emma said...

Love the two tone frame, great card!

Anonymous said...

This card is gorgeous, Cassie! The colors are amazing and I love how you placed the pretty butterfly on the strip! Fantastic design!
Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :D

Pat K said...

Fabulous card Cassie. Wonderful little scene and I love the texture.

Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly Challenge. Pat K.x

Ardyth said...

This card is just beautiful - I love the shimmer on the frame and the pops of yellow and orange! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous, Cassie! I really should get that IP...

Rosemary said...

what a beautiful card... the scene you created is so lovely.. thanks for playing along with CASology!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Oh my goodness - this is amazing! The colors just jump right off that page, and the texture is stunning! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

Unknown said...

A beautiful card with inviting colors, lovely textures and a creative use of the frame! Very nice!!

Lisa A. said...

How pretty , Cassie!! Love your butterfly and the layout...such loveliness:)!! Thanks so for being a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

Patrice said...

Great take on the sketch...I would love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week...

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-32.html#comment-form