to school. Another school year is just around the corner for me. I go back next Tuesday and the kids come back the following Monday. Of course this got me in the mood to create a school card.

The WMS sketch was so much fun that I decided to use it again for a welcome back card. I'm sure this will go to a co-worker next week. The base is kraft c/s that I sponged with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain ink (all of the kraft bases on this card are sponged with those colors). The big black layer was imbossed with PTI's Linen IP (one of my favorite plates). The second kraft layer was embossed with the wood IP from PTI. I then added a strip of cream ribbon (I took away the bow as I wanted a cleaner and simpler look). The whole chalkboard like look was inspired by my center piece. I had created that with a chalkboard in mind. I stamped Welcome (from a WMS set) and back to school (from PTI's Tag Its #6) in white ink. It needed a little something more so I took my white pen and added the lines (they turned out a little whiter than I wanted though). The apple is from PTI's Fruit Fusion: Apple. Once put together I decided my base chalkboard needed a little something extra so I stamped the little apple for TI #6 in white. The card came together very quickly so that was a big plus :)
Challenges:
The Pink Elephant - school
There She Goes - school
CASology - school
8 comments:
That sponged craft really looks like wood - this card is authentically 'old school'! Love it! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!
Very cute! Love the woodgrain embossing and the distressing! Wonderful additions to an adorable card! :) Thanks for joining us at CASology!
love this clean and simple take on the WMS sketch!! thanks for playing along with CASology!
Cute! Love the layers and all the texture you added with the embossing plates. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!
Love that chalkboard Cassie. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!
Great interpretation of the theme - I hope you'll link up with 52 Card Pickup this week!
http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-33.html
This is so cute! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at There She Goes!! :)
How clever! Perfect card for back to school! Thank you for playing along with The Pink Elephant Challenge!
Post a Comment