Have you heard the news? Flutterby Challenges is coming back! I am so excited as it was one of my favorite challenges. In fact, Danni is having a DT call and I applied for it. One of the cards I sent was this one. I used Retro Sketches's current sketch challenge as well as Hero Arts's Pattern Hearts & Flowers stamp set. If you remember, I recently took the on-line stretch your stamps class and learned a little trick of cutting apart a stamp. I decided to do that with this stamp set so that I could use the sentiment on it's own. The stamps were white embossed on watercolor paper so that I could color the sky and flower (they are so much softer IRL). I wanted this to be a softer card so I used white as my main color with just splashes of the other. That being said my butterflies couldn't be color so I punched them out and coated them with glitter. The larger one I then folded in half so that it could look like it landed on the flower. The sentiment was stamped in a light grey so that it flowed into the design with a little glitter buttfly in the top corner. The big glitter stripe was created with glitter and score-tape. To finish it off I used three half pearls.
Other challenges used:
Lexi's Creations - sparkle and shine
Our Creative Corner - bling bling and a touch of nature
A Blog Named Hero - anything goes









7 comments:
Beautiful card, I love the glitter.
Great take on the sketch! Love you coloring!
Anni
Stunning! Very elegant! Great take on the challenge. Great combination of nature and bling. Love the colors you've used. Thanks for playing with us at the OCC this week!
Hello Cassie
A beautiful card with clean lines, I like your design and your flowers look gorgeous.
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner we are thrilled to see your work.
Smiles:)
Sue
beautiful card!
Gorgeous card fab layout and design.
Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.
Hugs Julie x
Love the way you colored the stamps and the band of glitter is beautiful! Great card! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!
Post a Comment