Monday, September 10, 2012

And the birthday party continues


While coming up with this card I discoverd a background that I LOVE. TSG's fourth challenge was all about banners. Retro sketches has this great sketch this week that I wanted to use and I thought it would work well with my idea. I created a picture frame and then was stuck. While looking at my TSG stamp I noticed three cute little clouds from the Day and Night set and thought what a cute sky they would make. The next decision was should I create this sky on the frame or the whole card. Since I was in a tine crunch (really should be getting back to my grading) I went with the sky on the frame. I used the same technique I did on the pink/turquoise card. I coated the clouds with glossy accent and after it dried I sponged Tumbled Glass, Broken China, and Salty Ocean over it to make my blue sky. I loved this look so much that you will see it again on another card, maybe two. To add some banners I used a PTI set and stamped them directly onto the card base. My birthday sentiment fit perfectly along the bottom of the frame opening, just under the banners. I wrapped my frame with some white thread and then popped it up to add a little deminsion.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Putting the banner behind the window is genius!

Safdar Ali said...

What a stunning card. So creative design. Designing is the main key of attraction and it is so tough job. I realize this when i worked for the Scratch Cards Printing and designing company. Your work is so inspirational. I appreciate this.