Sunday, September 9, 2012

I see pink...


lots of pink. Pink is not my go to color but the inspiration photo for the third TSG challenge had lots of it mixed with a turquoise color. I decided to go out of my comfort zone here and try a color combo that I don't think I have done before (at least not this mouch of the colors). The background was created with the hearts from the TSG Day and Night stamp set. To keep the bigger hearts heart I coated each one with glossy accent. Love how the polka dots in the hearts mimic the ploka dots in the picture. Once dry I sponged worn pink over the whole c/s. To create the sentiment (words from a PTI set) I used Peacock Feathers for the sentiment and leaves from the Bee Happy set (also used the color to coat the card base and teal strip). The flowers came from Day and Night and I used Picked Raspberry and Festive Berries. Picked Raspberry was also used to color the bright pink mat while Festive Berries was used to color the flower. To have the bling to match I used a copic to color it. With all of the layers I used, I thought this card would also work well with the Allsorts layers challenge. The sketch is from Tuesday morning sketches.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Kelly Collins said...

You created a great background with those hearts. Love how this came out. Thanks for joining us at There She Goes!

Sandra MacLean said...

I'm so glad you went out of your comfort zone Cassie - this is beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along with the TSG's Inspiration challenge!! ((hugs))

Mummylade said...

What a wonderful project! Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck in the challenge!