I have a summer birthday and growing up that was rough sometimes. No birthday surprises during school. Friends on summer vacations and not able to party. So hot outside that indoor is the way to go. However, I could celebrate my birthday while on vacation (would love to spend one year celebrating at Disney World in Paris, but that is a rather large dream).
Why am I talking about summer birthdays as summer is winding down and I am in my second week of school? There She Goes stamps is celebrating this birthday this month and have lots of fun challenges going on. They posted a chalenge everyday last week and they close on the 14th. I wasn't able to play along until now. While grading 145 essays, descriptive paragraphs, and a checklist I found time to complete all 5 of the challenges. Tonight I am posting the first one, and the TSG challenge #1 was to create a birthday card incorporating numbers in it. Now I only have one set of numbers that aren't super tiny and my poor wiped little brain just couldn't figure out something clever to do with them so I tooke the easy way out: I create a background with them. I used Frayed Burlap ink to stamp my number onto some kraft c/s. Since this is TSG's birthday month I wanted to make sure to add their stamps to my card too. I only have four sets so far (hope to fix that in the next month or two...maybe with a big winning gc, lol) so I had to really strech for my idea. The stamp set I used was Get Your Thong On. The HB sentiment is from PTI. I really like the monochromatic look of the card (which I did for the City Crafter's challenge) and the lined image not colored went well with the JUGS line art image challenge.









7 comments:
How very sweet this is ... I love the colour ... many thanks for playing at CCCB
Cute card! Thanks for joining in at JUGS~
Great card Cassie! I love the number in the background and the sentiment!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful card this week at CCCB :-)
Your card has me smiling. It is so cute. So glad you played along with us over at CCCB!
that sentiment cracks me up! Love your card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!
This is too cute (must use cutesy wutesy voice for this comment!)
I'm a kraft obsessor so I love that you let it be a big focus of your card. Thanks again for joining in our birthday celebration at There She Goes!
Post a Comment