Tuesday, May 5, 2009

No Mojo

Here I sit at my craft table and I just can't get my mojo going. I even got some goodies in the mail and still no mojo. I really need to do something about that. At least I got a digi page done. I'll post it on Thursday since it's my turn to host our goals challenge over at SCS. I can, however, post two of my cards I created for a DT call since I didn't make it. So far I know I haven't made 3 of the 5 calls I submitted for. Not really sure when I find out about the other two (hoping soon).

Bothe of these cards were submitted for the 2 Sketches 4 You blog. It is a blog that gives weekly card sketches. It is a lot of fun and I think I may be joining in more often.

Here's the first one. I used SU!'s web wishes stamp for the web, spider, and saying. I also some of their now retired halloween paper. What you can't see is that I stamped the web in white and then embossed glitter. For the spider used the shrinky palstic stuff and colored her with sharpies. Before I shrunk it I punched a hole so that I could add the string later to make her appear as though she's hanging from the web.


Here's the second one. For this one I use Papertry Ink' (PTI) Take a bough (I think) and just used circle punches to make the tire swing. I hung it from white string that I tied around a branch by cutting some slits. I made a mask for the clouds and just sponged blue ink around them to make the sky. the green paper and the giggle stamp are both SU!

7 comments:

Kendra said...

I really like your spiderweb card... love the dangly spider (he's not real, so he's ok!) Hope you get your mojo back soon... what I LOVE about your blog though is your family hands photo... gotta get me one of mine... very cool :)

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

These cards are so clever! Nice to meet you on CPCM!

Jennifer Talley said...

This are both really cute! Great job! Hope you get your mojo back soon!

Alex said...

These are fabulous cards Cassie - I especially like your Halloween card, too too cute!!

Thanks for stopping by our new challenge blog - we hope you will be a regular :-) And, we are still looking for a design team!!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Gina Lindsay said...

I love Halloween cards! I really like the way you did the spider here, looks great. Don't you just hate those no mojo days?

Cheryl Walker said...

Love both of them, but I think the top one is my favorite :)

sometimes it takes some time to get back into the swing of things. maybe you should try a few different challenges, that might help some :) goodluck to you:)

Hugs,
Cheryl

Jacquel said...

I like both cards but the Halloween one is my fave! nice design...tfs!!!