Thursday, May 7, 2009

SCS Scrap Goals Thursday Challenge


52 wk Challenge - wk 19: All About Moms

Whether you are a mom, have a mom, or someone that is like a mom, I want you to scrap a mom moment. Here are two quotes you can chose from. If possible, I would like to see the quote you chose on your layout.

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” - Washington Irving


A Mother's Love Your arms were always open when I needed a hug. Your heart understood when I needed a friend. Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly. - Sarah Malin

The above layout is my sample for this challenge. It is a digital scrapbook page. All of the elements of the pages comes from Audrey Neal's Butterfly Fancy kit that came with the WORD April 2009 class over at {we are} storytellers. I really like the kits and classes they offer. On the blog they also do a book review/club type thing.


To join in on the challenge feel free to come on over to SCS as memebership is FREE.


I'll also leave ya'll with another card I had done for some DT calls. This was also my first attempt at what is called a Z-fold card. I really liked it and will have to keep it in mind for something different to do with cards.



This one used one of my Bella stamps (javabella) and some papers I had picked up at one of the craft stores. I also gave it a little bling with some rhinestones I have. The overhang was done with a scallop punch. I colored in my bellas with SU!'s watercolor crayons.

No comments: