Thursday, June 25, 2009

Copic Buzz Challenge #2

Blog candy winner listed in the post below this one.


I used the CBC challenge blog for this card. I'm still working on my card for the first challenge, but I at least finished the card for this one :) I used a digi stamp from Nin'a blog. This was the first time I used copics to color a flower. In fact, this may be the first time I EVER colored a flower (and have that flower be the main focus of the card). For the background on both the flower piece and the quote, all I did was color it a soild color and then went over it with the colorless blender pen in circles. I really like the effect it produced. It wasn't near as hard as I thought though. (Which is one reason why I LOVE my copics - they make my coloring look good!)


In the up-close picture, you can see just a hint of a shadow. The reason for the pop up flower is that I didn't like the outline I gave it at first so I just cut it out. Then I reprinted the flower just slightly larger, colored it with the dark pink and green and then went over the whole thing with a gray to produce a shadow. I do want to point out that I didn't color the whole flower, just the edges as the rest you wouldn't be able to see unless someone took it apart. No sense in wasting ink right ;)




Photobucket

9 comments:

Vicki said...

Wonderful job! Beautiful colors and really like the sentiment! Blessings to you!

Verda said...

You did a great job and I think it is a beautiful card.

Liv Palermo said...

Wow!! Great Job with the Copics! Beautiful colors!!

Anjou Krelovich said...

Cassie, this is gorgeous! You definitely should do flowers more often.... you're fantastic with them. Love this completely!

Gail said...

The card looks great. I love the colors you used!!

Leslie said...

Stunning! Don't you just love that digital image? I really like how you stacked it. Love it!

Gina Lindsay said...

Wow, your coloring is great. Love this flower.

nfaband said...

Beautiful card ... I love the soft colors you were able to achieve with the copic pens, I'll have to look in to getting some myself.

Mandy Schneider 97 said...

This is a beautiful card!!! gosh the coloring is fantastic and the layout is to cool..Great Job! TFS!
Mandy