Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Bit O' Luck

It's time for a WMS bog waltz. It has been awhile since I last played and was excited to get a chance this month. I tried to go with a non-traditional type of Good Luck card too and ended up with two cards. My cards were inspired by Kristina's card here.

The first card was my take on a "clean" CAS card. the only embossing on it is the gold chevron (from WMS's Off Beat Background). To give it a little of a worn look I didn't ink up the whole stamp and after I covered it in gold embossing powder I flicked the back a little harder than normal. The sentiment if from WMS's Free Spirit Sentiments and was embossed in gold onto black c/s. Since the blog waltz just happens to fall on St. Patty's Day, I just had to add a touch of green. Kristina used a yellow but I thought for my card a nice shade of green would be the perfect touch. And since I don't have buttons I opted to use black rhinestones instead.

(sorry for the yellow haze)




My second card came about because I was testing out dry embossing patterns with the chevron inked in gold. I wasn't finding a good embossing folder/plate and the gold was too light. After I decided to heat embossing the chevron I just started looking through my supplies to see what I could do for added interest to the background. My eyes landed on my sprays. It has been awhile since I played with them so I thought what the hay. I pulled out Maya Road's Emerald Metallic Mist and Tattered Angles Hay Ride Glitter Glam to use. Instead of spraying the mess (I tried and didn't like the result), I screwed of the top and flicked the ink on. For the Glam I simple used a small fan brush dipped in and flicked on the color that way. Then I took the gold ink pad and inked the edges of the cardstock (it was cut 5 1/4 x 4 so that it could have a clean border. I liked how Kristina's card had the rounded edges on I repeated that on this one. To finish off the card I applied gold bling.



In real life you can see the sentiment so much better. Hope you enjoy the rest of the waltz. Be sure to check out WMS's blog with a list of everyone waltzing along, and you may even find that you are able to play along too.

Photobucket

20 comments:

Pauline said...

Two fabulous cards, I love them both, the bling and the gold embossing add such lovely textures!

Deborah Frings said...

I think both cards are great. I like the distressed finish on the gold embossing. But it's the second card that really captured my eye - love the spatter effect!

Teresa Kline said...

gorgeous design...luv this!

enjoy *~*

Tracey McNeely said...

Cassie I love both of your card, the chevron embossed in gold is really fabulous!

Renee said...

What fabulous cards...
I love the distressed look of the embossing...
and the bling is the perfect for both! :)

Joyce said...

Love that you did the card two ways. I like them both. This is such a great design, and the gold embossing looks fabulous.

Marybeth said...

Love them both! I really do like the one with the specks or splatter. Great design and gold bossing! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Danni said...

These are so nice! Really like that second one!

~Tammy~ said...

Love the fun modern design!

Cammie said...

Two fabulous cards, Cassie! Love the distressed gold embossing, and the all the bling on the second is great!
Very creative!Happy St.Patrick's Day!

Sharron said...

Both cards are fabulous! I love the CAS design & your gold embossing! The splatter effect on your second card is especially eye-catching.

Kelly S. said...

Those flecked colors are so cool! Love how the mists turned the first card with the sleek design into a totally funky new one!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful designs on these Cassie! love both of them - what a great look!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Two very fabulously amazing cards. Love the trendy splatters and design!

LauraJane:) said...

LOVELY CAS cards Cassie!

Claire said...

Love the embossed gold chevron against the white Cassie - looks fabulous on both and the touch of green looks great too!

Jean Martin said...

Cassie these are great! So trendy! I think the first one is my fave! :)

LaurieJ said...

I've always loved that particular chevron image and the gold embossing makes it even more fabulous. Perfect for a CAS card! Love the splatter on the second card, too!

Vickie Z said...

Love both of these!! Very trendy with those gold chevrons, splatters, and touches of bling!!

Danielle Flanders said...

The chevron is so pretty in gold!