Sunday, March 24, 2013

Love You Very Mush


My amazing DH not only had a 2nd degree black belt test this weekend but he also met up with our oldest who was on a boy scout camping trip with my brother. I am truly blessed to be married to him. While he was away I created this little card for him using my new stamps from Clear & Simple stamps. I have been eyeing the stamps from this company for some time and just now was able to order some. In that order I got Fun Fungi and couldn't wait to play with it. I ended up making two cards. This is the second card I created.


I stamped the mushroom image and sentiments (they are two different sentiments from this set) onto some watercolor paper. I have been really into my Inktense pencils as of late and thought they would be fun to try out here. I love the vibrant colors I can achieve from them. I sponged the edges with Distress Ink Vintage Photo, washed the color into the center with my watercolor brush and then sponged the edges again. Once everything was dry I took my white pen to add the dots to the tops of the 'shrums. I brought some of the great to the top in the form of a faux green ribbon. The layout is from CAS(E) this sketch.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Nice card. I likd the shading around the mushroom (blue)

TR said...

This is such a cute card and sentiment. What a terrific watercolor effect from the pencils.